Neeham sees Macs capturing 8.3% PC share by 2016

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 101
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac

It's true that MS is eventually doing away with VB, but on the windows side I saw that this won't happen for five years because windows users blew a gasket. By then MS office for the Mac will probably be a part of history.

I would imagine that Apple has been dissecting the OPen Docement standard since it's inception and will release a Cocoa version with iWork should MS ever drop the ball on Office for Mac. In fact, I think they'll do it anyway, once they start gaining some more ground in enterprise computing.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

Is it just a EULA clause, or Is there a way for Microsoft to enforce this in their software? I don't remember if anyone has asked this question or if there was an answer out there.

There are some ways that an OS can detect that it's being run virtually, but there are many more --and easier ways-- for the virtual client to hide this fact from the OS. MS restrictions seem to be comprised even before they are officially available, so I doubt you'll have anything to worry out.