I just want people to know the truth!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
ok i might not be a genius when it comes to history..but i know that i will always represent the confederate flag and the american flag side by side doesn't mean that i hate black people doesn't mean that i hate anybody else but when some innocent guy gets shot for just having the logo on the back of his truck thats kinda "stupid".So i don't mean no harm to anyone who doesn't like it....i really don't care what you think personally i'm gonna keep doing what i've always been doing and i dare anybody to try and stop me.........

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    Here is where you are totally Wrong. I am from Lousiana as well; New Orleans born and raised. You say flying the Confederate flag is a symbol of respect and heritage. When you say that, I am assuming you mean this flag (follow the link)

Navy Jack or Battle flag

Well you ar totally wrong to idolize that flag as a symbol of the Confederacy, because that was NOT the Confederate National Flag This Was: The Stars and Bars

The Stars and Bars served as symbol of national identity while the Navy Jack (Battle flag) flew only in battle.

Thus your choice of flag represents a STATE OF WAR against the United States. If you want to take pride in your southern heritage, fly the Stars and Bars (as I do) it stands for Heritage and National Identity.

And I want to ask you a question, and it may sound offensive, but that is not my intent: Why would you post something like this? You have made yourself look so bad with your poor spelling and punctuation, you sound like an uneducated swamp dweller. That has been a stereotype I have been fighting since I moved away from Louisiana. You make your fellow Southerners (including myself) look bad. You didn't do your research when talking about an outmodded flag and got it wrong like so many other people. Please, for the sake of the rest of us, do your research, educate yourself on what you believe in, and most of all DO NOT REFER TO NORTHERNERS AS "YANKEE'S"!!!!! it makes you look like a fool and completely destroyes the point you tried to get across.

EDIT: Dyslexia got the better of me and needed to fix some spelling errors
  • Reply 2 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xx_southernpride_xX

i don't see how you yakee's want to talk about the confederate flag like it is a crime to honor it or to respect it or to sly it.....I live in one of the last confederate states Louisiana and i live in a city where people have rebel flag stickers on their cars and trucks and it irritates me when you can sit there and talk about the flag like you know all of its history and what it was used for because you you don' t know nothin about it.....Now if you want to know the truth about it sit back and open your ears to this..In the "CIVIL WAR" blacks and whites served under the confederate flag as equals blacks served under the flag because they wanted to not because they had to,because once their name was signed they were free men so the confederate flag has nothing to do with hatred or slavery...The KKK think that it has everythng to do with it because they think that it is GOD's will its not nobody that lives where i do respect the KKK because of that simple fact they want to burn crosses and rally together to serve GOD all you need to do is if you want to serve GOD then got to a church or pray hell just belive in him.....theres no reason to burn crosses etc. etc.etc. but noone understands because reality today is people go by what they see on tv and in the paper and "ESPECAILY" what other people say i think that if you don't understand then don't stick your nose into a part of history that you know you have no buisiness putting it..

First off, what are you talking about?

Why is this in General Discussion?

I live in Louisiana as well, born and raised baby and proud of it! However, I would like to know why you are starting this thread before I put my .02 in. I detect a little anger in your post no?
  • Reply 4 of 32
    I don't really mind being called a yankee, even though I don't think any relatives of mine even knew that America existed during the time of the civil war. Maybe that's part of being a yankee: not caring so damn much about cultural change, since it has been a constant theme in the Northeast since day 1.

The only time I think it's worth clinging to the past is in the rare case where yesterday was an improvement. And, I'll tell you, everything I've read about the antebellum south indicates that this is not the case for anyone except slave owners and militia men.
  • Reply 5 of 32
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I'm from Mississippi. What the hell are you talking about?
  • Reply 6 of 32
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Somehow he found a two and a half year old thread about the Confederate flag, that must have been the result of a Google search for "bad stuff about the Confederate flag", and got fired up. Then he started this.

The response to the old thread isn't any more coherent.

It's in general discussion because that's where the old one was.
  • Reply 7 of 32
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Well it's simple. It's the American swastika. That should conclude this discussion.
  • Reply 8 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox

Somehow he found a two and a half year old thread about the Confederate flag, that must have been the result of a Google search for "bad stuff about the Confederate flag", and got fired up. Then he started this.

The response to the old thread isn't any more coherent.

It's in general discussion because that's where the old one was.

Is that the one where I wrote that long screed about yankees consistently telling southerners that they're all inbred, uneducated hicks?
  • Reply 9 of 32
    I am from the home of the confederacy, and I don't know what this shit is about either.
  • Reply 10 of 32
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter

Is that the one where I wrote that long screed about yankees consistently telling southerners that they're all inbred, uneducated hicks?

Yep. I had some old "tell me when someone replies to this message" thing toggled on for that thread, apparently, and was mystified when I got just such a notice.

"Confederate flag?", I thought to myself, "WTF?" And when I came looking this guy was here.

Quite a trip down memory lane, though. For some reason I was defending the stars 'n bars as an authentic symbol of tribal identity. I think I was feeling the besieged southerner that day.
  • Reply 11 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox

Yep. I had some old "tell me when someone replies to this message" thing toggled on for that thread, apparently, and was mystified when I got just such a notice.

"Confederate flag?", I thought to myself, "WTF?" And when I came looking this guy was here.

Quite a trip down memory lane, though. For some reason I was defending the stars 'n bars as an authentic symbol of tribal identity. I think I was feeling the besieged southerner that day.

You had a post in that one that was a classic, IIRC, something about grits in Birmingham or something.
  • Reply 12 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter

You had a post in that one that was a classic, IIRC, something about grits in Birmingham or something.

I'm compiling a book of Adda's finest moments.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    hello moe!
  • Reply 14 of 32
    You're an idiot. This thread is inflammatory. And please , do not ever speak for me again. (I live in MS)

Thanks.

• Reply 15 of 32
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution

I'm compiling a book of Adda's finest moments.

I was just thinking how much we needed to read something of his in oh... say.... 50,000 words.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

I was just thinking how much we needed to read something of his in oh... say.... 50,000 words.

Did you just challenge him?
  • Reply 17 of 32
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    *grabs popcorn*

Wow, this has turned out to be a lot more entertaining that the OP ever intended, I think...
  • Reply 18 of 32
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution

Did you just challenge him?

Haha I hope so...

Put me on your customer list when the book is finished.
  • Reply 19 of 32
    Chapter 1: Terrorists and Broccoli

Chapter 2: WaHoagies and Phil Angelides

Chapter 3: Pissing Fools Off

Chapter 4: The Confederate Flag and The Uni-Bomber
  • Reply 20 of 32
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xx_southernpride_xX

blacks served under the flag because they wanted to not because they had to,because once their name was signed they were free men so the confederate flag has nothing to do with hatred or slavery

If they signed to become free then I would call that hatred and slavery lol