OK. WTF Here be Official MacWorld SF2007 Countdown Thread

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Due to thread overload and iPhone overbuzz and other crazy stuff, let's countdown and take solace in this thread if one ever feels too hyped up or too overloaded or too down about stuff... I know I swore I was over countdown things, but Melgross is close to 7,000 posts and I need to friggin' catch up! Nah, seriously, LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN *loud triumphant orchestral music with fireworks*



Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO, will deliver the opening keynote address for Macworld Conference & Expo. Macworld will be held at San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center January 8-12, 2007, and the keynote address will be held on Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 9:00 a.m. [Pacific Standard USA Time] at Moscone West.
«13456725

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 499
    San Francisco\tSat 00:28 16 Dec 2006.

    24 days to Steve Jobs Keynote.

    AAPL = $87.72
  • Reply 2 of 499
    Updated Mac Mini? iPhone, iTV, iPod Cinema/ iPod Movie... OSX.5 ?? Let the games begin. Here's an idea, with each countdown post why not put the current quote for AAPL stock -- a nice overview for anyone coming onto the countdown thread.
  • Reply 3 of 499
    San Francisco\tThu 10:49 PM 21 Dec 2006

    19 days to Steve Jobs Keynote

    AAPL = $82.90
  • Reply 4 of 499
    irelandireland Posts: 17,223member
    iTV,

    Leopard,

    iPod Phone,

    Woot!



    18 days to Steve Jobs Keynote

    AAPL = $82.90 (Market Closed)
  • Reply 5 of 499
    irelandireland Posts: 17,223member
    Here's a widget I threw together to make the countdown a little easier. I'll keep it up for a while. Someone tell me if the countdown is off a little, I think it's right, but a second opinion can never hurt. Enjoy!
  • Reply 6 of 499
    Awesome. 8) ...Unfortunately I have no 10.4 Dashboard, on 10.3. but it will definitely help us all.
  • Reply 7 of 499
    San Francisco\tSat 4:09 PM 23 Dec 2006

    17 days to Steve Jobs Keynote

    After Hours: $82.05 Dec 22, 7:59PM ET


    (Google Finance)
  • Reply 8 of 499
    irelandireland Posts: 17,223member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post


    Awesome. 8) ...Unfortunately I have no 10.4 Dashboard, on 10.3. but it will definitely help us all.



    Yeah, but will you be upgrading to Leopard?







    By the way here's what the widget looks like:



    Front





    Back

  • Reply 9 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Yeah, but will you be upgrading to Leopard?



    YEAHHHHHHHH. Most definitely at this stage, and have been scrimping some cash away in preparation for it. <borat>vveeery naaaice, yesss.?</borat>. I'll see how 10.5.0 and 10.5.1 play out first though, then jump in on 10.5.2 or so. iBook G4 933mhz 640mb RAM, 5400rpm 60gb HD, I think unlike Winbloat with older PCs Leopard will be good on the 3-year-old Mac. I hope it's not too graphics heavy though, or that it can be toned down appropriately when it detects the poor ol' ATI Mobility Radeon 9200.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    By the way here's what the widget looks like:...



    Skillz. Respects.
  • Reply 10 of 499
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Suni, You've got to get back into the fold. Get that iBook!
  • Reply 11 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post


    Suni, You've got to get back into the fold. Get that iBook!



    Heh. I do have that iBook, it's just that it's my parents and I only mess with it once in a while. Hella easy and much less of a headache supporting their IT needs with OS X and the iBook after 10-15 years of helping them with the pain of Win95-Win2000 etc.



    One day I shall return to owning my own Mac.



    Happy Holidays peeps. 8)
  • Reply 12 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Back





    ROFLMAO
  • Reply 13 of 499
    irelandireland Posts: 17,223member
    Ty.
  • Reply 14 of 499
    irelandireland Posts: 17,223member
    By the way;







    iTV,

    Leopard,

    iPod Phone,

    Woot!

    AAPL = $82.20
  • Reply 15 of 499
    San Francisco\tTue 12:53 AM Dec 26 2006

    14 Days and a few hours to go. 2 WEEKS!

    AAPL = $82.20
    *





    *Nasdaq resumes in a few hours for Tues Dec 26 trading through this week.

    Unless noted, the following dates are holidays that The Nasdaq Stock Market is closed.

    2006

    ........

    Thursday, November 23 \tThanksgiving Day

    Monday, December 25 \tChristmas Day

    ........

    2007

    Monday, January 1 \tNew Year's Day

    Monday, January 15 \tMartin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday

    ........
  • Reply 16 of 499
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post


    Heh. I do have that iBook, it's just that it's my parents and I only mess with it once in a while. Hella easy and much less of a headache supporting their IT needs with OS X and the iBook after 10-15 years of helping them with the pain of Win95-Win2000 etc.



    One day I shall return to owning my own Mac.



    Happy Holidays peeps. 8)



    I thought you had an athlon box with xp. My bad. The C2Ds are very sweet, you will like.
  • Reply 17 of 499
    irelandireland Posts: 17,223member






    iTV,

    Leopard,

    iPod Phone,

    Woot!

    AAPL = $80.98
  • Reply 18 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post


    I thought you had an athlon box with xp. My bad. The C2Ds are very sweet, you will like.



    I *also* have an Athlon box with XP ...My parents and I have left Malaysia in August this year to sort out some stuff in Australia for several months. Suffice to say the iBook G4 made it across, whereas my Athlon rig and beautiful 17" 1280x1024 Sony and 6600GT had to stay behind ...Hence I have the iBook G4 to play with a little (waiting for Leopard!!) and my cousin loaned me a WinXP2pro Toshiba TE2100 Pentium-4-m 2.0ghz 512mb RAM craptastic nVidia GeForce4 420 Go laptop, which I am using now most of the time. This PC laptop is not too bad for general internet, downloading, iTunes, Outlook(OMFG)(I just use it for the calendar feature), and ftpServer. Adobe CS2 Suite and Macromedia 8 Studio and x264 encoding actually is not too bad. Once the pagefile gets overrun things grind (literally, that poor poor hard disk working its ass off) to quite a halt though.



    Yeah, I got my finger on the "Buy" trigger with the Core2Duo Macs. At this stage I survived the Christmas and have a nice present in terms of a bit of cash to top up some money I've gradually been scrimping away. Might as well hold out until mid-January to see how Apple is going to kick off 2007. 8)



    Mac Mini should be upped to C2D in the next several months...



    I think it was Placebo that was the official "OMFG WWDC OMFG" signature starter. That caught on like wildfire. Heh. When shall we all start the "OMFG Macworld OMFG" signature?
  • Reply 19 of 499
    Wow WTF.

    6 months AAPL is up 38%

    3 months AAPL is up 5%

    1 month AAPL is getting hammered -11%



    Bloody Cisco. Once they announced they owned "iPhone" (just the fracking NAME only, ya dumb investors!!) the whole iPhone heat fizzled out of AAPL.
  • Reply 20 of 499
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post


    I *also* have an Athlon box with XP ...My parents and I have left Malaysia in August this year to sort out some stuff in Australia for several months. Suffice to say the iBook G4 made it across, whereas my Athlon rig and beautiful 17" 1280x1024 Sony and 6600GT had to stay behind ...Hence I have the iBook G4 to play with a little (waiting for Leopard!!) and my cousin loaned me a WinXP2pro Toshiba TE2100 Pentium-4-m 2.0ghz 512mb RAM craptastic nVidia GeForce4 420 Go laptop, which I am using now most of the time. This PC laptop is not too bad for general internet, downloading, iTunes, Outlook(OMFG)(I just use it for the calendar feature), and ftpServer. Adobe CS2 Suite and Macromedia 8 Studio and x264 encoding actually is not too bad. Once the pagefile gets overrun things grind (literally, that poor poor hard disk working its ass off) to quite a halt though.



    Yeah, I got my finger on the "Buy" trigger with the Core2Duo Macs. At this stage I survived the Christmas and have a nice present in terms of a bit of cash to top up some money I've gradually been scrimping away. Might as well hold out until mid-January to see how Apple is going to kick off 2007. 8)



    Mac Mini should be upped to C2D in the next several months...



    I think it was Placebo that was the official "OMFG WWDC OMFG" signature starter. That caught on like wildfire. Heh. When shall we all start the "OMFG Macworld OMFG" signature?



    I've some p4 rigs at work. Man I hate them. Once you get a core 2 machine you can't stand how slow they (p4 machines) can be. Just waiting for them to boot up is annoying.



    A core 2 mini would be a nice machine if you've got a nice monitor. They should get the core 2 treatment at MacWorld IMO.
Sign In or Register to comment.