• Reply 105 of 499
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nico View Post

Here in italy:

6 DAYS : 16 HOURS : 35 MIN : 40 SECONDS to go

bye

Nico

The keynote is the same time away, no matter where you live.

Here's the latest;

• Reply 106 of 499
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The keynote is the same time away, no matter where you live.

Here's the latest;

Pulse? Body temp? Beard growth? Twitch rate?
  • Reply 107 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Pulse? Body temp? Beard growth? Twitch rate?

All 99.9 units per minute.
  • Reply 108 of 499
    'Bout time I joined this thread.

6 days 11 hours 28 min 40 sec
  • Reply 109 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous View Post

'Bout time I joined this thread.

6 days 11 hours 28 min 40 sec

Go! Go! Go!!!
  • Reply 110 of 499
    Yes! Yes! Yes!!!
  • Reply 111 of 499
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vox Barbara View Post

Good boy.

I inspected a 3 month old Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz MacBook 13" with 1.25gb RAM and WINXP2pro original and of course Apple box and packaging. Screen looks good, no dead pixels (my greatest fear), About 20km down from where I am now in Melbourne. Dude selling it on eBay. I may be able to snipe a good price. Minor cosmetic issue, there is a bit of the edge on the bottom left side where there is a "chip" or "nick" in the side.

I am facing the next 3-6 months without playing any games. I have lasted 5 months without my AMD64rig and nVidia 6600GT and games. So GMA950 will do. 64mb RAM taken from that extra 256mb RAM on top of the 1GB.

Hmm... 12 months without games. Plus each PC game here is like $50AUD to $90+AUD. Well, I've lasted 5 months.

If I purchase 2nd hand MacBook this Friday, 5th Jan... use Tiger 10.4.8/9 until say March/April at the earliest for stable Leopard 10.5.2/3.

No superdrive. Frack it. A DL drive is only 7+GB and takes a long time to burn (2.4x speed on most laptops). I'll use the existing 60gb 5400rpm drive as external backup and whack in a sweet sweet 7200rpm Seagate 80gb.

My upgrade path:

Existing: 1.25gb RAM, 60gb 5400rpm drive, Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz

Next: 1.25gb RAM, 80gb 7200rpm drive, Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz (add AUD $200)

Next: 2GB RAM (maxed out), 80gb 7200rom drive, Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz (add AUD $200)

I am unlikely to be involved in highly CPU-intensive tasks such as encoding (which are overnights or just in the background anyway), and who knows when I can return to graphic design, but CS3 Universal should be alright on the Core 1 Duos.

I feel the Core 1 Duo 1800mhz therefore will not be really "saturated use" until within 1 year when I complete the above upgrades, where I am running at 2GB RAM and 7200rpm 80gb Seagate Momentus hard disk, and Leopard. At that stage anyway (at the end of 2006 the Intel GMA 950 will be pretty worthless).

1280x800 13" screen. Wide notebook, smallish, white iBook finish... Hm... iSight built in, kinda ok, won't use it much. Screen has no dead pixels... Vertical viewing angle not so good on the MacBooks. But Horizontal viewing angle is okay and colours and brightness is okay. Glossy screen, well, might get used to it.

Battery: Battery to be used only in emergency. Home or cafe use, plug in power with MagSafe. Keep battery full charge and discharge only once every few weeks.

Ah, I have justified blowing some cash on a MacBook this Friday. Before the MacWorld keynote...!! AM I MAD? But eBay Australia is a bit tricky, hard to find good deals in your own city, particularly Macs.
  • Reply 112 of 499
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Oh man. Insanity overload. Gotta pull out fast. Too much hype... Breathe slowly... Gotta.. Breathe........... It is 6 days, 7 hours, 12 minutes and 34 seconds until Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM (San Francisco time) WOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo OMFG OMFG OMGH OMGGOM OMGOM GOM OGMDOMOMOMGODGO MOGMDO MGODMO DMMOOOMGOMFDGGMOMOGM
  • Reply 113 of 499
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

I inspected a 3 month old Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz MacBook 13"

Battery: Battery to be used only in emergency. Home or cafe use, plug in power with MagSafe. Keep battery full charge and discharge only once every few weeks.

Hi Suni, how is life in Australia? It is one of the countries, which is still

awaiting my very visit.

Btw, in the past i was involved in a lot of, say, soft battles

about the question how to enhance battery life in general.

For me as a not too tech savvy man, it is hardly understandable, that

the more you use the battery, the longer lasts the battery, the more

you can draw out of it. Everybody tells me that, even Apple claims,

that you better use the battery frequently (means: draw until zero, than charge),

in order to get a long lasting battery. Makes sense?

cheers
  • Reply 114 of 499
    Plug in power with a smaller or non-existent brick.

Or a fuel cell: two glasses, filled with the right concoctions...

Or just have it powered by sticking two metal pokers (included) into a potato. THis option would certainly attract some attention.
  • Reply 115 of 499
    Hang in there Suni!
  • Reply 116 of 499
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:

I inspected a 3 month old Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz MacBook 13" with 1.25gb RAM and WINXP2pro original and of course Apple box and packaging. Screen looks good, no dead pixels (my greatest fear), About 20km down from where I am now in Melbourne. Dude selling it on eBay. I may be able to snipe a good price. Minor cosmetic issue, there is a bit of the edge on the bottom left side where there is a "chip" or "nick" in the side.

I am facing the next 3-6 months without playing any games. I have lasted 5 months without my AMD64rig and nVidia 6600GT and games. So GMA950 will do. 64mb RAM taken from that extra 256mb RAM on top of the 1GB.

Hmm... 12 months without games. Plus each PC game here is like $50AUD to $90+AUD. Well, I've lasted 5 months.

If I purchase 2nd hand MacBook this Friday, 5th Jan... use Tiger 10.4.8/9 until say March/April at the earliest for stable Leopard 10.5.2/3.

No superdrive. Frack it. A DL drive is only 7+GB and takes a long time to burn (2.4x speed on most laptops). I'll use the existing 60gb 5400rpm drive as external backup and whack in a sweet sweet 7200rpm Seagate 80gb.

My upgrade path:

Existing: 1.25gb RAM, 60gb 5400rpm drive, Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz

Next: 1.25gb RAM, 80gb 7200rpm drive, Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz (add AUD $200)

Next: 2GB RAM (maxed out), 80gb 7200rom drive, Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz (add AUD $200)

I am unlikely to be involved in highly CPU-intensive tasks such as encoding (which are overnights or just in the background anyway), and who knows when I can return to graphic design, but CS3 Universal should be alright on the Core 1 Duos.

I feel the Core 1 Duo 1800mhz therefore will not be really "saturated use" until within 1 year when I complete the above upgrades, where I am running at 2GB RAM and 7200rpm 80gb Seagate Momentus hard disk, and Leopard. At that stage anyway (at the end of 2006 the Intel GMA 950 will be pretty worthless).

1280x800 13" screen. Wide notebook, smallish, white iBook finish... Hm... iSight built in, kinda ok, won't use it much. Screen has no dead pixels... Vertical viewing angle not so good on the MacBooks. But Horizontal viewing angle is okay and colours and brightness is okay. Glossy screen, well, might get used to it.

Ah, I have justified blowing some cash on a MacBook this Friday. Before the MacWorld keynote...!! AM I MAD? But eBay Australia is a bit tricky, hard to find good deals in your own city, particularly Macs.

Just buy one after Macworld like you planned. Now that you've waited this long and Macworld SF is just 6 Days 2 Hours 30 Minutes away. Don't get stuck on the too many upgrades path like me, where because I had to buy my Mac in November, I now have to fork over the upgrades for iLife, iWork (my Trial will last until the day of the Keynote, or a couple days after...) and Leopard.

Sebastian
  • Reply 117 of 499
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    It is 5 days, 23 hours, 26 minutes and 12 seconds until Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM (San Francisco time)
  • Reply 118 of 499
    Quote:

Oh man. Insanity overload. Gotta pull out fast. Too much hype... Breathe slowly... Gotta.. Breathe........... It is 6 days, 7 hours, 12 minutes and 34 seconds until Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM (San Francisco time) WOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo OMFG OMFG OMGH OMGGOM OMGOM GOM OGMDOMOMOMGODGO MOGMDO MGODMO DMMOOOMGOMFDGGMOMOGM

Now that's ye olde insanity that I know and love.
  • Reply 119 of 499

iTV,

Leopard,

iPod Phone,

Woot!

AAPL = $85.52Quantillion

/New Apple keyboard design with iPod dock? ..new Cinema displays with IR & iSight's? ..octo Mac Pro's? ..updated Mac Mini, who cares?
  • Reply 120 of 499
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    It is 5 days, 20 hours, 5 minutes and 56 seconds

time moves toooo slooooow ...