"First 30 years just the beginning..."

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Oh boy - here comes the Apple teasers. Have you SEEN the new homepage at apple...?
«1345678

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 159
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    Oh man. Nice.
  • Reply 2 of 159
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -dF View Post


    Oh man. Nice.



    Leopard here we come. I swear there is going to be a UI change announced at MacWorld. Look at the color the Mac logo is surrounded in. It is a tone of the same color used on the new iTunes 7 scroll bars. Another hint that changes are coming...Or we could just be jumping the gun and speculating about total nonsense
  • Reply 3 of 159
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,080member
    Yeah. They are now standing on 2 main Pillars: Mac + iTunes

    They now have the right to tease us with whatever words they want, but at least we know that whatever they do, will be from one of their 2 main businesses, until they are ready to raise a third Pillar at least.





    That's fine by me, because Macworld is 7 Days, 16 Hours, 1 Minute, away.



    Sebastian
  • Reply 4 of 159
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jvb View Post


    Leopard here we come. I swear there is going to be a UI change announced at MacWorld. Look at the color the Mac logo is surrounded in. It is a tone of the same color used on the new iTunes 7 scroll bars. Another hint that changes are coming...Or we could just be jumping the gun and speculating about total nonsense



    You are absolutely Correct. Apple is changing quite a few things in the name of logos and UIs. Leopard UI here I come



    Sebastian
  • Reply 5 of 159
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    7 days, 15 hours, 57 minutes until the MWSF Keynote.



    ...and until we get some UI screenies!! I'm really excited now. The new homepage seems to me as almost a for sure that the new UI is here at last. I bet it will also convince a much larger portion of the Mac audience to upgrade to Leopard too.
  • Reply 6 of 159
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Leopard! Leopard!! Leopard!!! next generation UI/graphics coming ...



    oh! no, another 7 days to go....
  • Reply 7 of 159
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Apple better live up to their own hype.
  • Reply 8 of 159
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post


    Apple better live up to their own hype.



    I can't help but say they deserve the hype this year. They've come back, had huge growth with the switch to Intel Macs. It should be a good year.
  • Reply 9 of 159
    They have to expect rumors galore after posting that. They better be able to live up to it without letting their fans down.
  • Reply 10 of 159
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    I remember five years ago, in the leadup to MWSF 2002, Apple started putting up hype countdowns and talking about "Where no computer has gone before," and people on this site were predicting Apple-owned broadband satellites hovering above the earth.
  • Reply 11 of 159
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Steve View Post


    I remember five years ago, in the leadup to MWSF 2002, Apple started putting up hype countdowns and talking about "Where no computer has gone before," and people on this site were predicting Apple-owned broadband satellites hovering above the earth.



    Haha. That is a good one. Now watch it reappear again this year
  • Reply 12 of 159
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post


    Leopard! Leopard!! Leopard!!! next generation UI/graphics coming ...



    oh! no, another 7 days to go....



    Yeah... 7 Days



    Sebastian
  • Reply 13 of 159
    maniamania Posts: 104member
    This is a HUGE teaser. Leopard is not it - something BIGGER. double digg.
  • Reply 14 of 159
    irelandireland Posts: 17,295member
  • Reply 15 of 159
    irelandireland Posts: 17,295member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jvb View Post


    Leopard here we come. I swear there is going to be a UI change announced at MacWorld. Look at the color the Mac logo is surrounded in. It is a tone of the same color used on the new iTunes 7 scroll bars.



    Better still, look at the color of the Apple logo itself.

    I wont hesitate to say I told you all so. 8)
  • Reply 16 of 159
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Better still, look at the color of the Apple logo itself.

    I wont hesitate to say I told you all so. 8)



    So basically you are saying something along the lines of a Black theme? Or at least partially black? I guess Leopards do have spots...
  • Reply 17 of 159
    irelandireland Posts: 17,295member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jvb View Post


    So basically you are saying something along the lines of a Black theme? Or at least partially black? I guess Leopards do have spots...



    Except for scrollbars, if you replace all the blue parts of the current UI with black you have all the black I mean. The other parts of the UI should get an iTunes 7-esque tweaking too.
  • Reply 18 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Better still, look at the color of the Apple logo itself.

    I wont hesitate to say I told you all so. 8)



    Why do you use Safari full-screen?



    Grumble.
  • Reply 19 of 159
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    iTunes 7 is okay. Black is just awesome!
  • Reply 20 of 159
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 29,536member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Better still, look at the color of the Apple logo itself.

    I wont hesitate to say I told you all so. 8)



    It is possible Steve may have wanted to go either revisit a rethought, simpler and more sophisticated NeXTSTEP-style interface... or he may feel getting a completely restyled home-electronics/Front Row UI was the way to go...
Sign In or Register to comment.