"First 30 years just the beginning..."

Comments

• Reply 101 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k_munic View Post

TimeMachine (FrontRow, ...) shows it:

the "new" color is black (I know, black is no color... just the lack of light....)

plus

moving images/4D as part of the GUI ...

.. that's an improvement for the non-dial-tone-generation ...

Ecchhh! Resulting in crippling Attention Deficit Disorder for every Mac user.
  • Reply 102 of 159
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

That...would...be unexpected... \

Why, havn't we been making plastics now for what 6 years?

• Reply 103 of 159
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

Think........Woz! OMG! They're bringing back Woz!

whew, i hope not. he did his part 30 years ago, but i don't want him anywhere near 2007+ apple. Just let him sled around on his segway, shining his laser, chopping steak with his business card, and doing bad interviews and books. that should be sufficient for all of us.
  • Reply 104 of 159
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    OS X Released to all the dumb boxes that would be another beginning as well which apple did not do that 30 years back!
  • Reply 105 of 159
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I just looked at this again and thought to go check out the old "It's Showtime" ad.

Anyone else notice how similar that invite is to this teaser in both color and style?

• Reply 106 of 159
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icibaqu View Post

Anyone else notice how similar that invite is to this teaser in both color and style?

Well Apple *could* release the "iTV" at Macworld. But if Apple releases both the iPod chat (a.k.a. iPhone) and "iTV" in the first half of '07, that's two big steps for Apple: reaching into the cell phone and home theater markets. Natural progressions maybe, but still big steps.
  • Reply 107 of 159
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    The Showtime thing seems relevant. Apple's homepage graphic has an aspect ratio of exactly 16:9 (744x420 pixels). This could have to do with a video iPod with a 16x9 display or with the iTV that was shown at the Showtime event.

Looking at the graphic in Photoshop, I noticed that the light rays do not come from a single light source but perhaps 3 or 4, whatever that means. IOW, the rays are not from a sunrise but more like the spotlights depicted in the Showtime graphic.

Maybe this has to do with iTV and the new video iPod.
  • Reply 108 of 159
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Well Apple *could* release the "iTV" at Macworld. But if Apple releases both the iPod chat (a.k.a. iPhone) and "iTV" in the first half of '07, that's two big steps for Apple: reaching into the cell phone and home theater markets. Natural progressions maybe, but still big steps.

Which is exactly why I do not think they will release both. They might be putting themselves in too deep if they try and release that many totally new products at the same time.
  • Reply 109 of 159
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

The Showtime thing seems relevant. Apple's homepage graphic has an aspect ratio of exactly 16:9 (744x420 pixels). This could have to do with a video iPod with a 16x9 display or with the iTV that was shown at the Showtime event.

Looking at the graphic in Photoshop, I noticed that the light rays do not come from a single light source but perhaps 3 or 4, whatever that means. IOW, the rays are not from a sunrise but more like the spotlights depicted in the Showtime graphic.

Or perhaps it symbolizes the last thing you see as you lay dying, after being hit by a bus while watching a completely engrossing TV episode or movie on your new iPod...
  • Reply 110 of 159
  • Reply 111 of 159
    See?

Is it a dog?

Or is it a cow?

Something AMZING is going to happen,
  • Reply 112 of 159
    Apple branded Dentures!! They will be called the iTooth!! (And yes, they'll be blue)

CONFIRMED!!!!
  • Reply 113 of 159
    Quote:

...IOW, the rays are not from a sunrise but more like the spotlights depicted in the Showtime graphic....

<rolls eyes> Geez, man. Don't you know a Light Saber when you see one? Obviously Obi Wan Jobsobi and Darth Gates are getting ready for a showdown. DUH!

EDIT: No doubt Darth Balmer will be there as well.
  • Reply 114 of 159
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celemourn View Post

<rolls eyes> Geez, man. Don't you know a Light Saber when you see one? Obviously Obi Wan Jobsobi and Darth Gates are getting ready for a showdown. DUH!

EDIT: No doubt Darth Balmer will be there as well.

Ballmer's been demoted to handmaiden.
  • Reply 115 of 159
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

rampant

|ˈrampənt| adjective

1 (esp. of something unwelcome or unpleasant) flourishing or spreading unchecked : political violence was rampant | rampant inflation.

speculation

|ˌspekyəˈlā sh ən| noun

Derivative of: speculate |ˈspekyəˌlāt| verb [ intrans. ]

1 form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence : my colleagues speculate about my private life | [with clause ] observers speculated that the authorities wished to improve their image.
  • Reply 116 of 159
    Quote:

Ballmer's been demoted to handmaiden.

lol. no, no, wait, I got it! Picture this:

Jobs walks into the M$ throne room, lightsaber in hand, wearing a cloak. Gates spins around in his chair, and Ballmer lunges out at Jobs from around the corner. Jobs deftly swings a 24 inch iMac out from under his cloak and knocks Ballmer out cold. then, with a glare in his eye, he walks slowly and deliberately, towards the chair where Gates is. Or was. Because by now Gates is running for the door. Why? Because his lightsaber runs Windows Vista, and it can't do anything more than look like a shiny ripoff of what Jobs is holding.

• Reply 117 of 159
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Still nothing on the Australian site. I'm feeling discriminated.

I think jobs has an army of nuclear-atomic supermen that he's going to unleash on the world, and destroy all the windows users, so he has 100% market share. That would be a good finale.
  • Reply 118 of 159
    I find it hard to believe that everyone continues to overlook the fact that we are approaching the anniversary of the Apple II's launch. Not that this makes any sort of difference to the news that we do and don?t have, but, this is a pretty big time for Apple, nearly thirty years after the release of one of the companies most influential products. In my opinion whatever they have for us in the coming year is going to have to be huge to compete historically with themselves. Let the dawning of a new era of Apple begin, and for the love of all that is holy may my bank account withstand.
  • Reply 119 of 159
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I wonder if Apple will take out another milestone superbowl commercial.

Feb 4.
  • Reply 120 of 159
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Hmm, it occurs to me that if Apple is only putting this teaser page up in certain countries like the US, Canada, and the UK, it's a teaser for a new product that won't see widespread distribution right away.

This speaks movie service. Rather expansion of the existing one from Apple.