One Thing

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
The idea is simple: post one thing about you that may not be detectable upon first glance.

For instance: I was born with Achilles tendons that were too short. As a result, I learned to walk on my toes. I still walk, often, without my heels touching the ground.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 66
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I am double-jointed in my thumbs. I cannot roll my tongue.

Nick
  • Reply 2 of 66
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    I cut off the tip of the middle finger on my right hand with a Skil saw.
  • Reply 3 of 66
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I don't drink coffee.
  • Reply 4 of 66
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline View Post

I don't drink coffee.

Freak!
  • Reply 5 of 66
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I have an absolutely stunning ass.
  • Reply 6 of 66
    I can attest to the stunningness of BRussell's ass. The tattoo in the small of his back is very cute as well.

Nick
  • Reply 7 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I can attest to the stunningness of BRussell's ass. The tattoo in the small of his back is very cute as well.

Nick

It is a tribal pattern? I hope it is. Those are totally awesome!
  • Reply 8 of 66
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

It is a tribal pattern? I hope it is. Those are totally awesome!

And oh so classy!
  • Reply 9 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I have an absolutely stunning ass.

• Reply 10 of 66
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    I have a scorpion tattoo on my right hip. Also, I can't turn my left arm so that my palm is straight up.
  • Reply 11 of 66
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Nick

You must have seen the pictures currently making the rounds on the internet.
  • Reply 12 of 66
    The hair on my upper arms rotates counterclockwise around a point three or so inches above my elbow...

(and midwinter walks like a velociraptor)
  • Reply 13 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

You must have seen the pictures currently making the rounds on the internet.

They don't ask... I won't tell.

Nick
  • Reply 14 of 66
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Whenever a doctor looks in my ears, they go "wow, never seen that before!" - everything in there is twisted and unusual in some way, but it still seems to work.
  • Reply 15 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Whenever a doctor looks in my ears, they go "wow, never seen that before!" - everything in there is twisted and unusual in some way, but it still seems to work.

I don't know if I would have gotten it at first glance, but it's absolutely no surprise to me that things inside your head are twisted and unusual in some way.
  • Reply 16 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

My ear canals are funky, too. Loads of ear infections as a kid because they apparently drain the wrong way. Or something.
  • Reply 17 of 66
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline View Post

I don't drink coffee.

I drink coffee, and brew it with 4 to 6 Ayurvedic herbs mixed in the basket.

• Reply 18 of 66
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    I have 3 bollocks!

no seriously....the operation to put my gut back in its rightful place is in 3 weeks and I get a month or so off work to boot. I did ask if they could make the normal side the same enlarged size, but they weren't impressed.

ive never been in hospital before...im going under general anaesthetic, I hear thats a nice euphoric experience. And reading the literature they sent me today..."You will wake up in the recovery ward area and a nurse will accompany you back to your bed area"...Bring it on, this sounds like fun!
  • Reply 19 of 66
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarcUK View Post

I have 3 bollocks!

Photos!
  • Reply 20 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarcUK View Post

ive never been in hospital before...im going under general anaesthetic, I hear thats a nice euphoric experience. And reading the literature they sent me today..."You will wake up in the recovery ward area and a nurse will accompany you back to your bed area"...Bring it on, this sounds like fun!

I've had my tonsils out and two sinus operation under general anesthesia. Neither of those were fun -- a monster sore throat from the first, something feeling like a terrible cold with a nasty sinus headache for a week after each of the sinus procedures -- but still, nothing quite had me prepared for how miserable I'd feel for the first 3-4 days after getting a 4-inch wide abdominal incision.

It's not so much that I was in terrible pain or anything, it's just that what pain there was was very incapacitating -- it was very hard to walk, change from reclining or sitting to standing and vice versa, or even just to reach for a book on my nightstand. The pain sends you this very clear (and probably accurate) message, "Do the wrong thing and you'll experience searing pain as your gut splits open". Plus my whole digestive tract backed up for a full week -- a result of anesthesia, pain medication (which I quit taking after three days), and general stress.

What was really annoying was that my abdomen was so swollen that I could barely button my jeans, and doing so put uncomfortable pressure on my incision. I mostly stayed home for about ten days, lounging around in sweatpants.

It's been sixteen days now, and today is my first day back at work. I got the staples taken out yesterday. I'm still a little sore, and still under doctor's orders not to lift anything heavy or otherwise exert myself very hard for a few more weeks, but I'm feeling great now, and pretty much felt I was out of the woods after seven days.

As for the anesthesia... it's a pleasant experience, at least to the extent that it's an experience at all. For me, it's like the time I'm under just disappears. This last time, I was being wheeled into the OR, and the next thing I was aware of was feeling spacey while being wheeled out. I vaguely remember that I might have tried to speak a few words of Spanish to my Venezuelan doctor, but I'm not sure if I just imagined that in a half-dreaming state.

I sincerely doubt that you'll be entertaining many lascivious thoughts about nurses after you wake up. You'll simply go from being way too floaty and sleepy to even consider such things to being too miserable to consider such things in fairly short order.