iPhone Touchscreen

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    I repeat: What about Jeff Han and his work on multi-touch? Did Apple hire him or negotiate rights to multi-touch? Anyone privy to this development?...
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Yes, it is a TOUCH screen. You touch it and it (eventually) gets smudges. Just like that computer monitor you're looking at right now. But just like you do with your iPod, when the smudges get bad enough, you give it a quick swipe on your shirt to get them off. That's it. 8)

haha i like the way you think, its exactly what i do, and im sure the glass will be made of some type of carbon or something that is scratch resistant, so itll be alright...and jobs is a perfectionist dont worry it wont screw your phone up hell make it right...i just love the multi-touch feature, so cool
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Yes, it is a TOUCH screen. You touch it and it (eventually) gets smudges. Just like that computer monitor you're looking at right now. But just like you do with your iPod, when the smudges get bad enough, you give it a quick swipe on your shirt to get them off. That's it. 8)

haha i like the way you think, its exactly what i do, and im sure the glass will be made of some type of carbon or something that is scratch resistant, so itll be alright...and jobs is a perfectionist dont worry it wont screw your phone up hell make it right...i just love the multi-touch feature, so cool
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Well, I did a little snooping around and found this:

January 10, 2007, 9:49 am

Hush Tactics for the iPhone

By David Pogue

Tags: iPhone, Macworld, Steve Jobs

I asked Steve Jobs if he knew of the work of Jeffrey Han, who’s been demonstrating his big “multi-touch” screen technology since at least August 2005. (I mentioned this similarity in my last blog post.)

Mr. Jobs said, “We’ve had ours for two and a half years,” implying that Apple’s version came first.

I also asked Mr. Jobs and Cingular’s CEO, Stan Sigman, how Cingular managed to keep the iPhone a secret; he conceded that the company had never had to manage a project in such secrecy before.

The answer, I was told, is that Cingular (like Apple) divided the project up into teams of engineers, each of whom worked on only one section of the phone. In fact, Apple actually supplied Cingular with a fakeout user-interface design that bore no resemblance to the final one, so that its programmers wouldn’t know what they were working on.

At one point, a Cingular rep pointed out that the phone lacked a certain button. “Don’t worry,” Apple reported back. “We can always add that after the phone ships.” It was a reference to the fact that on a touch-screen phone, adding a button is just a software upgrade—but that reply baffled the heck out of the Cingular guy.

---original link---
  • Reply 25 of 25
    haha WOW...that is so cool....lol i bet you so much stuff can be added through apples site and software, all you gotta do is sync that baby to your macbook and bam youve got like 10 new features haha