MacMinute claims to have new iMac info/photo.

Comments

• Reply 181 of 223
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    You're right, I just superimposed a 15inch display onto the new iMac in Photoshop.

IT'S NOT WIDESCREEN.
  • Reply 182 of 223
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Does Canada use the US dollar sign?

I think that if Apple had something more 'revolutionary' it would be pictured on the cover of Time. In my opinion, it makes no sense to reveal the new roboMac and iPhoto without divulging the other secrets of the show since they figure that everyone who reads the article will read it tomorrow. The G5's are still a possibility, albeit small, because they weren't directly referred to within the article; the one statement that did mention the high-end was vague as you all know.

$1800 for an iMac means that the low-end tower must be dead or underfeatured (no Superdrive at least) which is disappointing, IMO. Even so, this product doesn't strike me as TOO revolutionary and I'm not exactly blown away but I can't do much but smile at all the positive reactions and hope that many another consumer sees it as you do.
  • Reply 183 of 223
    What the hell? I spent 5 minutes reading the posts and we're stillstuck at 5 pages?
  • Reply 184 of 223
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    AND YOU CAN CHOOSE SCREEEN SIZE......

THATS WHY THE STUDIO DISPLAYS ARE E.O.L. This thing uses the new studio displays...whoooooot
  • Reply 184 of 223
    WHAT!? Does Canada use the dollar sign??

Are you daft?

Of course we do. You're one of those Americans that think we all live in Igloos, and have to battle with snow everyday of the year. Don't you Americans know anything about your northern neighbor?
  • Reply 186 of 223
    thentrothentro Posts: 231member
    [quote]Originally posted by MarcUK:

<strong>AND YOU CAN CHOOSE SCREEEN SIZE......

THATS WHY THE STUDIO DISPLAYS ARE E.O.L. This thing uses the new studio displays...whoooooot</strong><hr></blockquote>

Where does it say that?!?

(22 in imac :eek: )
  • Reply 187 of 223
    well, the four seasons i stayed at in toronto WAS just a loose association of igloos with bear skins for warmth. all that for $250/night canadian.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: admactanium ]</p>
  • Reply 187 of 223
    ibookibook Posts: 50member
    iShure hope the display has an ADC connector, or the like. A Cinema Display hooked up to that would be awesome. Better than the Cube. I also wonder if it has a Video out for a second monitor. If so it is awesome.
  • Reply 189 of 223
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    [quote]Originally posted by erbium:

<strong>WHAT!? Does Canada use the dollar sign??

Are you daft?

Of course we do. You're one of those Americans that think we all live in Igloos, and have to battle with snow everyday of the year. Don't you Americans know anything about your northern neighbor?</strong><hr></blockquote>

sadly, I think you're right.
  • Reply 190 of 223
    Apple, please give us at least ONE PCI slot!?!?!?? Please!
  • Reply 190 of 223
    [quote]Originally posted by MarcUK:

<strong>AND YOU CAN CHOOSE SCREEEN SIZE......

THATS WHY THE STUDIO DISPLAYS ARE E.O.L. This thing uses the new studio displays...whoooooot</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ahh, I see the new batch of Amsterdam ecstacy is finally on the streets in the UK. It doesn't say that anywhere.

SdC
  • Reply 192 of 223
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member

<strong>Apple, please give us at least ONE PCI slot!?!?!?? Please! </strong><hr></blockquote>

Not gunna happen.
  • Reply 193 of 223
    I wonder if you can do a "cube" upgrade to it? Push down on the latch and have the insides pop out? Maybe. Tommorow will never come.

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/franktau/sj2000.html"; target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/franktau/sj2000.html</a>;
  • Reply 194 of 223
    I'm so hyped up about this. I don't know how I'm ever gunna get up in the morning if I don't go to bed soon, but I can't get away from AI right now.
  • Reply 195 of 223
    iMac 2 is the Cube with a sivil monitor. Great replacment for the Cube I must add; new iMac looks like it has the same space as the Cube, but rounded off.

Very cool!!
  • Reply 196 of 223

<strong>Well, not Cinema wide screen, just TiBook widescreen.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Its definitely not widescreen at all. I say this as I type on my TiBook.
  • Reply 197 of 223
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    I'm so hyper I don't know if I will be able to go to bed the next week!!
  • Reply 198 of 223
    [quote]Originally posted by bradbower:

<strong>I'm so hyper I don't know if I will be able to go to bed the next week!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's how I'm feeling right now too!
  • Reply 199 of 223
    Coool mac I accidently posted a link to it not seeing this one. Sorry mods!

Strider
  • Reply 200 of 223
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    [quote] WHAT!? Does Canada use the dollar sign??

Are you daft?

Of course we do. You're one of those Americans that think we all live in Igloos, and have to battle with snow everyday of the year. Don't you Americans know anything about your northern neighbor?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

<hr></blockquote>

I apologize for my ignorance but I'm closer to Mexico than Canada and, judging by the fact that I don't have to associate myself with Canadians too often and the fact that many countries with their own currency use their own symbol as well (ie Britain, Japan, France, etc.), don't consider me daft for erring. Remember, I asked and didn't assume. In fact, I believe you're the one who's assuming.