Balmer discussed iPhone...he is right...frighteningly so

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

5 hours of video, or 5 hours of talk time are pretty damn impressive. Even more so in a package that size. Hell a laptop battery capable of handling a 3 hour DVD playback weighs more than the iPhone, and you can't make a cell call out of Skype hotspot range with the laptop. Care to try again?

Plus, you KNOW there'll be an enterprising accessory maker selling an additional battery pack that plugs into the dock connector the day it's released.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    Of course Apple takes a bigger risk on iPhone doing something the other companies have not done... innovate. Their risky take on new form factor and UI will drive copycats manufacturers to clone the look, and a little of the functionality of iPhone. As such, the copycats will beat Apple on price... They will become "Zune" phones, to coin a phrase.

During this wave of copycat phones, Apple will continue to evolve their product and expand into the traditional cell phone design segment, with lower priced, but still desirable designs.

Microsoft will continue to lose ground, but they will certainly continue to dominate based on price. It always comes down to price for the majority of consumers, regardless of the clumsiness or stupidity of the design.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

What, are you now going to smear a melted chocolate bar on it and complain that you still can't read it?

i can see the youtube link now, cant you?
  • Reply 44 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

Effing incredible. He smudged it on purpose!!!! And showed that you can still read the damn thing straight on! An explicit demonstration to preempt the argument that casual smudging is a problem!!! What, are you now going to smear a melted chocolate bar on it and complain that you still can't read it?

OMG you actually got to talk to Steve Jobs and he told you that he smudged the screen to show that it's still viewable. Oh, right, you didn't. Apple has a history of making things that are very beautiful if you take care of them. If you want a device that you want to just throw in your pocket and run out the door, this is not it.

People are going to need to be very creative when designing cases for the iPhone. It'll be a huge market, just like iPod accessories.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonndailey View Post

OMG you actually got to talk to Steve Jobs and he told you that he smudged the screen to show that it's still viewable. Oh, right, you didn't. Apple has a history of making things that are very beautiful if you take care of them. If you want a device that you want to just throw in your pocket and run out the door, this is not it.

People are going to need to be very creative when designing cases for the iPhone. It'll be a huge market, just like iPod accessories.

Nicely failed use of sarcasm. I guess you haven't actually watched the keynote, or at least if you have you haven't really paid attention. I find first hand sources to be wonderful for backing up my positions.

OBTW: Download it from iTunes and scrub to 42:00, then watch the demos: the smudges when the glare is just right, the smudges not seen when the glare is not on axis. You get to see that over a good half dozen shots full screen.

While I didn't "talk" to Steve, he sure as hell talked to me. He talked to you too, but you have decided to not listen yet.

As for throw it in your pocket and go, sure, it will work that way just fine. If you want to keep it pristine as many folks might, you can't be a moron about it. That's common sense.