Official Superbowl Thread

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Figured since we're a little over a week away from the Superbowl, any predictions on how the game is gonna go? Anyone doing anything special?

I say:

Bears 16

Colts 24

I really don't see the Bears getting lucky this time. I'm sick and tired of seeing the Bears come up with every lost fumble, returning at least one interception/punt/kick return for a touchdown, and throwing a hail mary pass 70 yards for a score. The offense is usually good for about a touchdown a game, and the defense does the rest.

All the Colts need to do is protect the damn ball and hold it with two hands and they should have no problem.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 67
    STEVE HOLT!

...ahem I mean GO COLTS!
  • Reply 2 of 67
    Well I certainly didn't mean to kill your thread. I'm sorry...

Anyway, to hopefully breathe life back into this thread, I really want the Colts to win. I just happen to live in Indiana and so I am rather biased, but I think they deserve. Peyton needs to own up to all those times he choked in the playoffs before now.
  • Reply 3 of 67
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'm hoping to see every ad (except local) in HD. I'd expect nothing less from a company that's willing to spend millions for 30 seconds. I'd expect CBS to play any HD ad in HD for something as significant as the Superbowl.

Oh, there's a game to be played too?
  • Reply 4 of 67
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

I'm hoping to see every ad (except local) in HD. I'd expect nothing less from a company that's willing to spend millions for 30 seconds. I'd expect CBS to play any HD ad in HD for something as significant as the Superbowl.

Oh, there's a game to be played too?

I just want to see Rex Grossman cry like a little baby. Man, I feel bad for this guy.
  • Reply 5 of 67
    You feel bad, yet you want to see him cry?

There's something wrong with that statement...
  • Reply 6 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

It's SDW.
  • Reply 7 of 67
    Here's some interesting info on the tech involved in producing Superbowl XLI.

My favorite part: FOUR outbound fiber and satellite feeds. Gotta love redundancy.

Oh yeah, then there's the 2000 fps high speed replay camera. Damn.
  • Reply 8 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous View Post

It's SDW.

As if you know who I am, after being a member for 8 months.
  • Reply 9 of 67
    Quote:

It's a joke.
  • Reply 10 of 67
    Someone's grumpy.
  • Reply 11 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

As if you know who I am, after being a member for 8 months.

Oh come on, why don't you lighten up? Did you recently lose an argument in PO?
  • Reply 12 of 67
    Found this joke, thought it was fitting:

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Chicago Bears fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Bears fans too. Not really knowing what a Bears fan was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands fly into the air.

There is, however, one exception. Susie has not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a bears fan" she reports.

"Then," asks the teacher," what are you?"

"I'm an Indianapolis Colts fan!" boasts the little girl. The teacher asks Susie why she is a Colts fan. "Well, my Dad and Mom are Colts fans, so I'm a Colts fan too" she responds.

"That's no reason!" the teacher says "What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot. What would you be then?"

Susie smiles and says, "Then I'd be a Chicago Bears fan!"
  • Reply 13 of 67
    So what are everyone's plans for the big evening?

I'm having family over. My fiancee' and I recently bought a chocolate fountain for our wedding, so we're going to try it out for the first time Sunday. Should be tasty!

Gonna have the game on the HDTV with the Dolby Digital surround going. Should be one heck of an experience.
  • Reply 14 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous View Post

Oh come on, why don't you lighten up? Did you recently lose an argument in PO?

I'm fine, thanks. I just need to point out that you're a rookie.
  • Reply 15 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

So what are everyone's plans for the big evening?

Same 'ol, same 'ol. Drink beer. Get fat. And pass out around 7pm PST...

However, I'm pretty excited of seeing a black coach win a Superbowl for the first time. Long overdue. And it can't but help the league in the future...
  • Reply 16 of 67
    Bears: 30

Colts: 28

Close game.
  • Reply 17 of 67
    Quote:

Same 'ol, same 'ol. Drink beer. Get fat. And pass out around 7pm PST...

However, I'm pretty excited of seeing a black coach win a Superbowl for the first time. Long overdue. And it can't but help the league in the future...

Does it really matter at all? What would help the league in the future is to really and truly police illegal drug use (performance enhancing), to do away with challenges, and to ditch the salary cap. The first two have made the game slower, since the oversized players are too bulky for any level of finesseful play and there are too many stoppages. The salary cap has diluted talent and thusly has removed the clash-of-the-titans matchup. The drama may still be there, but the athletic spectacle is greatly reduced. Anyone who watches champions league can understand.
  • Reply 18 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I'm fine, thanks. I just need to point out that you're a rookie.

Ok then.

I have no other plans other than to just watch the game at home. Just sit and enjoy the Colts winning the superbowl.
  • Reply 19 of 67
    Of course, Spline, some of the issues you bring up would help the league. But I wasn't really trying to break down what the league needed to do in order to improve itself. I was just simply mentioning the fact that I want to see it.

Yes, it does matter. It matters to a lot of people. Particularly Tony Dungy, Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis, Dennis Green, Art Shell, Herm Edwards, Mike Tomlin, and numerous other black assistant head coaches waiting for their shot as well. Your suggestions have merit, but I say we save them for another thread...
  • Reply 20 of 67
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    I think I'll be able to get it on cable here in Austraylieer. (Foxtel). 1 day 14 hours 30 minutes!

Waiting for the Apple ad, I will... They won't show it on cable here, but I'm sure it will pop up on YouTube sometime before the end of the SupahBohl.