Official Superbowl Thread

Comments

• Reply 41 of 67
    I think Rex Grossman should play slow-pitch softball. I've never seen so many fuckin' floaters in my entire life.
  • Reply 42 of 67
    Anyways, what was everyone's favorite commercial? Mine was a toss up between the first quarter doritos one and the "Beard Come-Over"...
  • Reply 43 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Anyways, what was everyone's favorite commercial? Mine was a toss up between the first quarter doritos one and the "Beard Come-Over"...

My favourite was the Apple ad that didn't air.
  • Reply 44 of 67
    What's funny is that you probably wouldn't have even tried watching the game had you known that Apple wouldn't be airing a commercial.
  • Reply 45 of 67
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

What's funny is that you probably wouldn't have even tried watching the game had you known that Apple wouldn't be airing a commercial.

Yeah. SuperBowl when I was in the US in 2000-2002 meant getting drunk, watching the game was just an excuse. I remember one of my work friends made some Ceviche* at the work/friends SuperBowl party one year. Mmmm....

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceviche
  • Reply 46 of 67
    ronaldoronaldo Posts: 439member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theapplegenius View Post

*sigh*

I look like a real asshole now. I feel like one too. The Bears couldn't have played any worse. From the terrible playcalling to shitty Rex Grossman and the get-these-four-downs-over-with-so-we-can-punt offense, it was difficult to watch.

Me too. They were disgusting,
  • Reply 47 of 67
    Well don't feel too bad. Most Bears fans are assholes by nature.
  • Reply 48 of 67
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ronaldo View Post

Me too. They were disgusting,

I'm not disappointed, but they did play like shit. Grossman sucked a big one, it's true, but I think the defense actually was really soft. They decided to give Manning those 5-10 yd passes all day, and you just can't do that. Ask the Patriots.

What was really surprising was how the Colts just dominated the Bears after the first quarter.

They were more physical on the line, and generally rammed the ball down their throats. The number of offensive plays was totally out of whack...with Colts having nearly twice as many.

The Bears defense was tired because of this. Did you see the Colts opening 3rd quarter drive? It took like 8 minutes!
  • Reply 49 of 67
    Quote:

I'm going to need to wait until they start hitting You-Tube. I was cooking for most of the game! My favorite last year was the Fed-Ex ad with the cavemen. The few ads I saw weren't as silly. In fact, I don't think I saw any silly ads.
  • Reply 50 of 67
    My favorite ad has to be rock paper scissors one. It reminds me of las years (?) crime deterrent commercial, which is also a favorite of mine.
  • Reply 51 of 67
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous View Post

My favorite ad has to be rock paper scissors one. It reminds me of las years (?) crime deterrent commercial, which is also a favorite of mine.

That's why I didn't like it. The concept's been played. Try again, guys.

One question: Is that futuristic Disney movie a Pixar creation?
  • Reply 52 of 67
    I thought Disney and Pixar merged or something of the sort. Pixar's name is nowhere on the project, either way.

That is a good point about that commercial, but I think that at the time it was unexpected and unrelated enough. beer vs. phone.
  • Reply 53 of 67
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous View Post

Pixar's name is nowhere on the project, either way.

Yeah, I'm wondering if all movies coming out of the studio will only say Disney even if the Pixar guys worked on them. I hope not. I think sticking Pixar on the promotions somewhere would draw more butts to the seats.
  • Reply 54 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Yeah, I'm wondering if all movies coming out of the studio will only say Disney even if the Pixar guys worked on them. I hope not. I think sticking Pixar on the promotions somewhere would draw more butts to the seats.

Definitely. In my opinion, when people hear Pixar they think of all of their recent hits, but mention Disney they think of the old cartoon classics. Pixar is the new animation icon and Disney should take advantage of that.
  • Reply 55 of 67
    ronaldoronaldo Posts: 439member
    Quote:

Well don't feel too bad. Most Bears fans are assholes by nature.

Yes we are. You Jag Off
  • Reply 56 of 67
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theapplegenius View Post

*sigh*

I look like a real asshole now. I feel like one too. The Bears couldn't have played any worse. From the terrible playcalling to shitty Rex Grossman and the get-these-four-downs-over-with-so-we-can-punt offense, it was difficult to watch.

Don't feel too bad, the Bears were just revealed to be the Cinderella Team they were all season...luck will only get you so far when you have no offense to speak of. \

That said, is it too early to start the Donovan McNabb as SB XLII MVP bandwagon yet?
  • Reply 57 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

Don't feel too bad, the Bears were just revealed to be the Cinderella Team they were all season...luck will only get you so far when you have no offense to speak of. \

That said, is it too early to start the Donovan McNabb as SB XLII MVP bandwagon yet?

See, if they were a Cinderella team, I wouldn't be nearly as dissapointed.

They're so effing good. The offense was there this year, as was the defense. Just...everything sucked.
  • Reply 58 of 67
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    That Disney movie has nothing to do with Pixar.

Although Disney owns Pixar now, part of the deal was that they let them stay autonomous and do their own thing, which is called "not messing with success".

The difference between a Pixar movie and pretty much anyone else doing computer animated movies is plain as day.
  • Reply 59 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

"Pixar Studios" carries a lot of weight still. As far as I understand all Pixar stuff will continue to be co-branded as Pixar / Disney.

BTW, What 3D movie are you all talking about?
  • Reply 60 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

...The difference between a Pixar movie and pretty much anyone else doing computer animated movies is plain as day.

I hear HappyFeet comes close.