Apple's iPod shuffle now available in five colors

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 61
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bruce Young View Post

It seems to me the most notable improvement is that, finally, Apple is shipping the Newer designed earbuds with the Shuffle.

My almost-new silver Shuffle (2nd Gen) from December 2006 came with the same old bud-on-a-stick that Apple has been using for several years. Even though the newer curved-swoosh style earbuds had been shipping with the full size nanos and ipods for a big part of 2006.

So I am thinking that colors are the eye-candy, while the inclusion of the newer earbud shape --and slight sound fidelity improvement with it-- is the real thing in this 'upgrade'.

I have purchased (so far) 8 refurb 1st gen. 512 mb shuffles from Apple since mid-December, mostly for cheap gifts ($29 when available, which is about every week or 2 for a couple hours early in the morning!) Each one has shipped with the NEW earbuds, which sell for...$29! Kinda like getting the shuffle for free, if you want to look at it that way. Plus, not that I can tell, some reviewers say the 1st gen sounds better. (see link - http://www.pbcentral.com/columns/hil...shuffle2.shtml) Isn't it funny how that little white stick already looks kind of retro?