Adobe: Creative Suite 3.0 won't ship till "later in Spring"

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Although Adobe Systems has confirmed plans to announce its Creative Suite 3.0 bundles at a special event later this month, it does not plan to ship the software until later in the Spring.

"We are announcing Creative Suite 3 on March 27th," Cara Cassidy, a member of Adobe's Creative Solutions PR team, wrote in a blog posting this week. "However, the software will not ship until later in Spring 2007."

In her blog posting, Cassidy confirmed that Adobe will be celebrating the launch at an event in New York City that will be webcast live at 3:30pm ET.

"During the webcast, Adobe will reveal the features and suite configurations that make this the largest software release in Adobe's 25 year history," she wrote.

Cassidy added that details on how to view the March 27th webcast will be available on Adobe.com later this week.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    "Spring" = "Whenever Leopard is released."
  • Reply 2 of 28
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    aw f*ck
  • Reply 3 of 28
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    I just hope we get a decent amount of time to decide on what bundle we want to shell out for, or not, before the CS3 beta quits working.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    bwhalerbwhaler Posts: 260member
    Then why the pre-announce?

Perhaps Adobe is aware of a product that Apple has coming, a Photoshop killer or Aperture 2.0.

Or, perhaps Apple and Adobe have done a friendly deal. Adobe will pre-announce and Apple will release the new Mac Pros. Apple gets more sales and Adobe gets some assurances from Apple that Appeture is just a workflow program...

Interesting development either way...
  • Reply 5 of 28
    telekontelekon Posts: 54member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Banalltv View Post

I just hope we get a decent amount of time to decide on what bundle we want to shell out for, or not, before the CS3 beta quits working.

You're lucky. I installed the Beta PS3 and it gave me TWO DAYS of usage...
  • Reply 6 of 28
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by telekon View Post

You're lucky. I installed the Beta PS3 and it gave me TWO DAYS of usage...

the SWINE!
  • Reply 7 of 28
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I wonder if we'll be able to download it off the Adobe licensing site on the 27th. Looks like they just won't have printed boxes and pressed media for the 27th.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    willrobwillrob Posts: 203member
    The PCS3 beta will run until May IF you have a CS2 serial number to enter on the Adobe web site. Then it will generate a serial number to use to keep it active until May. If yu don't own CS2, then you only get 2 days to play with it.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BWhaler View Post

Perhaps Adobe is aware of a product that Apple has coming, a Photoshop killer or Aperture 2.0.

Or, perhaps Apple and Adobe have done a friendly deal. Adobe will pre-announce and Apple will release the new Mac Pros. Apple gets more sales and Adobe gets some assurances from Apple that Appeture is just a workflow program...

I'm surprised they didn't plan the event for this week, PMA starts later this week, I think on Thursday. Most companies pre-announce products, Apple is usually an exception to this general rule.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    Noooooooooooooo.........D:

Kfine.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    I can confirm it's not quite ready yet. I'm still getting betas from Adobe.
  • Reply 12 of 28
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BWhaler View Post

Interesting development either way...

I don't know. Why did Apple pre-announce the iTV and iPhones? So people know its there, and will be coming shortly.
  • Reply 13 of 28
    rhowarthrhowarth Posts: 144member
    Ok, let me get this straight, Adobe are announcing when they're going to announce CS3...?

Did they give any advance warning of that - did they announce when they were going to announce they were going to announce it, or did their announcement of an annoucement come as a big shock to everyone?
  • Reply 14 of 28
    9secondko9secondko Posts: 929member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rhowarth View Post

Ok, let me get this straight, Adobe are announcing when they're going to announce CS3...?

Did they give any advance warning of that - did they announce when they were going to announce they were going to announce it, or did their announcement of an annoucement come as a big shock to everyone?

I think Adobe is ready to go on March 27th, but Apple is not ready with Leopard, so Adobe is politley waiting to co-launch with Apple.

I am glad Apple is not rushinc 10.5. I want it to be a solid Os out of the box. I had no complaints with Tiger and I hope the same can be said for Leopard as ambitious as it is.

Adobe was going to launch March 27th, they are simply being clever to cover a partner launch that got pushed back.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    I'm wondering why Adobe would be waiting for Leopard? The only reason I could think they would be waiting is that Apple will finally support 64 bit out of the box but from what I understand, Adobe will not be releasing CS3 as a true 64 bit suit....yet.
  • Reply 17 of 28
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 9secondko View Post

I think Adobe is ready to go on March 27th, but Apple is not ready with Leopard, so Adobe is politley waiting to co-launch with Apple.

I am glad Apple is not rushinc 10.5. I want it to be a solid Os out of the box. I had no complaints with Tiger and I hope the same can be said for Leopard as ambitious as it is.

Adobe was going to launch March 27th, they are simply being clever to cover a partner launch that got pushed back.

It's hard to say. I think Apple and Adobe are doing a hell of a lot of work to get things flowing. There is a whole bunch of synergy with new MacIntels, Apple's mid-April announcement, Apple Pro-Video hardware and software, Adobe CS3, and Leopard 10.5.

I'm modelling three areas at the moment:

(A) Adobe CS3 Universal Binary will be out full shipping by end of April, in full swing May. This is to run on 10.4.8 or 10.4.9. It will run on 10.5.0 but most studios will *not* want to have two aspects to play with: a new early-adopted CS3 AND debugging Leopard for Apple.

(B) Leopard 10.5.0 announced at WWDC with all the special features. Full shipping by end of June.

(C) New Macs either at mid-April NAB announcement, or anytime between end of March and WWDC June [March, April, May, June] -- following on from B above, there may be a 90-day window for free/minimum fee upgrade to Leopard so as to ease confusion and not dampen sales of new Macs because of people second- or third-guessing on Leopard release and trying to time that with their Mac purchases.

Of course, Apple has about 4 months (just under that, really) to clean up the Mac pro/prosumer/enthusiast/Leopard + consumer/Leopard space before they throw in everything in the 2nd half of 2007 for iPhone + iPod.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    thegarthegar Posts: 92member
    What strikes me is that there's so little news about the other CS3 apps. We have Photoshop CS3 beta to play with, but *no* news from Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, ... Is Adobe the new Apple in secrecy ?

There must be beta testers out there who know something (Mell?), or is the NDA strangling them ?
  • Reply 19 of 28
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theGAR View Post

What strikes me is that there's so little news about the other CS3 apps. We have Photoshop CS3 beta to play with, but *no* news from Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, ... Is Adobe the new Apple in secrecy ?

There must be beta testers out there who know something (Mell?), or is the NDA strangling them ?

I don't think that's a major problem because most of those other programs are part of the CS3 bundle anyway. I don't think Adobe is leaving them out, but rather, they aren't as high profile, so they live in the shadow of Photoshop's buzz.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Thinksecret had a post a couple months ago about Illustrator saying that it was going to be a significant release. Some of the highlights:

* Improved performance

* A new feature called "Live Color" that will improve color selection, matching, and management.

* Improved Flash integration (whatever that means)

* New vector eraser tool

* Better raster separations so printing is improved