Considering the switch to a MAC

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

You'll be happy with either laptop. The Macbook is a wonderful notebook for plopping on your lap while you watch TV. The Macbook Pro is still good for that but really shines in its features for the size it is.

I will tell you that starting off with the Mac will take a little bit of patience...but it WILL be worth it! A lot of people will want to tell you that "using a Mac is just like Windows." No, it's not. Yes there are icons. Yes there are folders. But enough differences between the systems make a bit of a learning curve.

The advice I always give people is this: "If you think a Mac should be able to do something it probably can."

My parents had a rough time when they first moved from Windows to Mac OS X. My dad threatened to take the iMac back to the store. I helped him with stuff and asked him to be patient and eventually he got the hang of it.

You'll enjoy it. We'll be here to help. Have fun.

it actually depends on your proficiency on windows itself.

I believe if you know windows well, mac osx is very straight forward and very intuitive

• Reply 22 of 25
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    You learn all the basics in a week, but you'll be up and running and on the web in 15 mins.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

No regrets.

I find myself agreeing with you more and more Ireland.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

I find myself agreeing with you more and more Ireland.

Thank you. I myself am waiting for the new iMac's and the new MacBook Pro's to bite the bullet on both. I'll be getting a new top of the line 24" iMac and 15" MacBook Pro, the fastest ones available. I'm waiting for the next step in technology to take the leap. I'm hoping for a touchscreen keyboard and OLED display, but I'll settle for a LED backlight, Santa Rosa and redesign for the iMac, and LED, Santa, redesign, magnetic latch and new style keyboard for the Probook. Both with Leopard pre-installed too of course.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    One other thing. I'd visit a Apple Store, if you can, and use both machines. Spend as much time as you can with them, and try as many applications as time allows. This way you can get a feel for OS X and the applications on a Mac. Good luck.