Update: Apple now says 3-hour keynote listing an error

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So much for that extra long keynote at this year's Worldwide Developers Conference. Apple now claims its developer website erroneously listed Apple chief executive Steve Jobs' inaugural presentation as a 3-hour affair.



Jobs' keynote will in fact run the traditional 90 minutes from 9:00 AM till 10:30 AM on June 11th, not 9:00 AM till 12:00 PM as original reported by Apple's WWDC website.



Apple has now updated its website to reflect the change and confirmed in an e-mail to Gizmodo that the earlier posting was indeed a somewhat elaborate typo.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 28
    How many mistakes are Apple making these days?





    IT'S THE END PEOPLE! IT'S ALL OVER!



  • Reply 2 of 28
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
    Quote:

    How many mistakes are Apple making these days?



    My thoughts exactly!
  • Reply 3 of 28
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Don't most keynotes usually initially state 3 hours and then get knocked down to 90 minutes? I seem to recall MWSF 07 was the same way.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buck View Post


    My thoughts exactly!



    One that I can think of.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buck View Post


    My thoughts exactly!



    One that I can think of.
  • Reply 6 of 28
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Seriously, did anybody actually think Mr Jobs was going to talk for 3 hours?
  • Reply 7 of 28
    I myself thought Steve would talk for 90-120 minutes and have Phil and the gang take turns here and there, just like they did when they presented Leopard. And if they are announcing more business partnerships, like with iPhone, that would fill 3 hours easily.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    jmyersjmyers Posts: 1member
    Sorry, I am just as excited about Leopard, new hardware, etc. as the next guy. But, come on! Who cares how long a keynote speech at a conference 2 months away is scheduled for? It doesn't affect your life one bit. It's definitely fun to speculate what products Apple will/should come out with next, but this is getting insanely petty.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmyers View Post


    Sorry, I am just as excited about Leopard, new hardware, etc. as the next guy. But, come on! Who cares how long a keynote speech at a conference 2 months away is scheduled for?



    Talking up an OS that's months behind schedule and fading fast.



    If its true that Apple dropped the ball on iPhone (reports of 'late june / july eta dates now'), OS X and who knows what else... Hmmm any news on more moves for the AppleTV and/or labels re-signing up for iTunes music store?



    Apple stock will take the biggest nosedive in history if they don't start shaping up.



    Now if this is all due to the hiring practices being eluded to as of late (as in the LACK of it). Read as unfilled but needed people/positions required to juggle all of these projects... If that is true then somebody should be getting 'Steved' pretty darn soon! And from where I sit it looks like the person who'll be steved may in fact **BE** Steve!



    Okay maybe things aren't that bad just yet but just in case things go any more wrong... Remember you heard it here first.





    Dave
  • Reply 10 of 28
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 29,754member
    The "One More Thing" part will simply take an additional 90 minutes...
  • Reply 11 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmyers View Post


    Sorry, I am just as excited about Leopard, new hardware, etc. as the next guy. But, come on! Who cares how long a keynote speech at a conference 2 months away is scheduled for?



    A three-hour keynote would indicate an unusual number of new announcements, or the need for a very long demo of a specific product.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmyers View Post


    It doesn't affect your life one bit.



    No Mac rumor "affects your life." I suggest you ignore this Mac rumor message board if you're after grander things in life.
  • Reply 12 of 28
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post


    Jobs' keynote will in fact run the traditional 90 minutes from 9:00 AM till 10:30 AM on June 11th, not 9:00 AM till 12:00 PM as original reported by Apple's WWDC website.



    OH NOES! I want a three-hour heated speech a la Fidel Castro!
  • Reply 13 of 28
    crees!crees! Posts: 501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post


    Talking up an OS that's months behind schedule and fading fast.



    If its true that Apple dropped the ball on iPhone (reports of 'late june / july eta dates now'), OS X and who knows what else... Hmmm any news on more moves for the AppleTV and/or labels re-signing up for iTunes music store?



    Apple stock will take the biggest nosedive in history if they don't start shaping up.



    Now if this is all due to the hiring practices being eluded to as of late (as in the LACK of it). Read as unfilled but needed people/positions required to juggle all of these projects... If that is true then somebody should be getting 'Steved' pretty darn soon! And from where I sit it looks like the person who'll be steved may in fact **BE** Steve!



    Okay maybe things aren't that bad just yet but just in case things go any more wrong... Remember you heard it here first.





    Dave



    Hey Mr. Doom-and-Gloom. Apple didn't "drop the ball" on iPhone. They said "June" and it's still "June". Until otherwise officially stated please continue your fear-driven, live on bad news existence.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmyers View Post


    Sorry, I am just as excited about Leopard, new hardware, etc. as the next guy. But, come on! Who cares how long a keynote speech at a conference 2 months away is scheduled for? It doesn't affect your life one bit. It's definitely fun to speculate what products Apple will/should come out with next, but this is getting insanely petty.



    Yeah, Whatever.



    I think it is a ploy to manage expectations.

    I think there will be a lot and the keynote will run longer than 90.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    shaminoshamino Posts: 399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crees! View Post


    Hey Mr. Doom-and-Gloom. Apple didn't "drop the ball" on iPhone. They said "June" and it's still "June". Until otherwise officially stated please continue your fear-driven, live on bad news existence.



    Everybody knows that you're supposed to cut Apple's estimates in half. If Steve says June, then he means March. If he says June 2008, then he means March 1004.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    Well, even though the keynote isn't supersized, it looks like this year's WWDC is back to being a full day on Friday instead of a half day like last year.
  • Reply 17 of 28
    That keynote is going to take a while to download.



    He has plenty to talk about Leopard, other software and hardware products and possibly the iPhone API and enhancements to Xcode to support it.



    3 hours and very rushed.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AISI View Post


    OH NOES! I want a three-hour heated speech a la Fidel Castro!



    He's been known to speak for 7 hours before. Unfortunately a lot of them is devoted to reading the latest production figures :P
  • Reply 19 of 28
    theveebtheveeb Posts: 17member
    The keynote is scheduled from 10:00-11:30 not 9:00-10:30 as currently reported in this article. Anyone assigning any significance to the scheduling typo needs to get a grip. All other morning sessions for the WWDC are 9:00-10:30 & 10:30-12:00.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    thebeatthebeat Posts: 113member
    Get Something Right For Once Apple... Windows > Apple
Sign In or Register to comment.