Investors push Apple to meet or beat Dell enviro goals

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    And how is this shareholder initiative consistent with facts as determined by a third part - EPA

http://arstechnica.com//journals/app.../2007/1/6/6507
  • Reply 62 of 65
    100mph100mph Posts: 256member
    As user and investor, I am very happy that the are finally going to green our apples.

• Reply 63 of 65
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 100mph View Post

As user and investor, I am very happy that the are finally going to green our apples.

Have you actually read the report that backs up the assertions in this page? The 'important' things in the measure are only what companies say, not what they do. There is one substantive measure, PVC-free and BFR-free products. First, using 'free' meaning none used is a terrible criteria as there may be good environmental reasons to use small amounts of almost any material as their use might save the use of much larger amounts of other non-safe materials. Thin, light plastic packaging vs heavier weak paper may save a free trees. Second, even in this report almost all the computer companies are the same. They only thing they want 'greened' at Apple are words. I'd rather have actions, which it seems Apple has taken.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

you're just grumpy because of those $100 Apple calls you sold short

Wow. I am stunned. You have a long memory (about my being short AAPL calls).

Yes, I would be very grumpy if I had sold my calls at $100. I had actually sold for $120.

That said, at the rate things are going, it looks like I am going to be REALLY grumpy in a few months......\
  • Reply 65 of 65
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

This bit...

"Apple products are compliant with the European Directive on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment, also known as the RoHS directive. "

Have they stopped selling all non RoHS compliant products outside the EU yet? I think you'll find the answer is no.

"All Apple products worldwide comply with RoHS."

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/agreenerapple/

Vinea