Why did you buy your mac?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    docpregodocprego Posts: 54member
    Well I haven't bought one yet, I have been waiting for Apple to update the iMac, Mini, or Pro and then I definitely will.

I have been an avid PC user since the early 90's, suffered through all the versions of Windows. I have to say some were just awful such as 95, others were not bad such as XP. However I have always been annoyed by Windows on a regular basis. The thing that has bugged me the most over the years is the constant need to reinstall the OS periodically as it starts to become more and more sluggish. Occasionally I had backed up my data before the latest reinstall, more commonly I lost it all.

Basically I am tired of Windows. I have absolutely no desire to use Vista. I knew when Vista came out and I went to go check out it that I was done. It just doesn't have the excitement that I used to feel when a new version came out. On Vista launch day I went to Compusa to try it, I spent about 10 minutes before I knew that I was completely underwhelmed. On that same visit I found myself utterly transfixed by a 24 inch iMac in another part of the store. I think it is the combination of the elegance of the overall unit, the clarity of the display, the feel that you are using something sophisticated. Vista feels like a cartoon in comparison to a Mac running OS X.

Take this from someone who is not a Mac fanatic but definitely plans on becoming one.