iPhone in Canada

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    moochmooch Posts: 113member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sculley View Post

There is not a whole lot for either Rogers or Apple to gain from selling the iPhone in a country with a population that is a tenth of the size of the US...hmmm... then again one tenth of 4m is 400,000, so maybe not. Who has the most to lose? Probably Rogers.

That seems like kind of a silly comment since Apple sells everything else here, so obviously they gain something. And since it would surely sell well (at least compared to other Rogers products), Rogers would gain as well. Unless, as I mentioned, they would be forced to lower their data rates.

I bet it would sell as well as in France or the UK, even though we only have half the population.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mooch View Post

That seems like kind of a silly comment since Apple sells everything else here, so obviously they gain something. And since it would surely sell well (at least compared to other Rogers products), Rogers would gain as well. Unless, as I mentioned, they would be forced to lower their data rates.

I bet it would sell as well as in France or the UK, even though we only have half the population.

I did correct myself mid-sentence after I did the math - Apple does stand to gain. Rogers does have the most to lose... as in having to lower data rates. That does not mean that both companies won't gain, just that Rogers won't gain as much as it probably wants to.

I'll bet that Canada will buy more iPhones than the UK and France per capita.