iPhone yearly sales rate should top 45 million by 2009, says firm

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 41
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Anyone else have a similar story?

I have a very Microsoft brainwashed MCSE friend. He's had his Microsoft certs since NT 3.51. He's never used a Mac. He will probably never own one until more games are made Mac-compatible as he's PC gamer.

He believes that Bill Gates owns a majority stake in Apple and that Microsoft "bailed out" Apple with a measly $150M investment to keep MS from becoming a monopoly.

He has no knowledge of how OS X works or how an OS with 3% worldwide markshare could actually be better than an OS with 90% marketshare. He saw a 24" iMac today at CompUSA and asked if that was an AppleTV. I'm serious!

He has no personal cellphone and has never owned a smartphone or an iPod.

Do you have an idea of the kind of person I'm talking about?

I know people like this. If I'm feeling mean, I refer to them as 'mental defectives'.

I'm not sure his getting an iPhone is a good thing, actually. Knowing people like this, if absolutely anything goes wrong with it (no matter how minor), or it lacks an obscure feature he wants, or the UI isn't exactly the way he wants it to be, he'll probably scream loud and long that 'Apple sucks!' and wish for a 'ZunePhone'.

There is, unfortunately, a group of people who've still gotta have their MS security 'blankey' (a la Linus from Peanuts) and who still can't quite understand how something with the word 'Microsoft' on it might not be the best, or even particularly good. There's also confused as to how Apple is doing so well these days.

I know, I know... blows my mind too.

I used to run into a lot of guys like this who were in IT, though lately even IT guys are becoming surprisingly open-minded about the Mac, and Apple stuff in general. But there's some people who are still trapped in the '90s, and won't let go.