AT&T hiring temps to control iPhone crowds at retail stores

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

A blackberry can be had for ~$200 and it has most of what the iphone has...the iPod is actually priced comparably to the competition, the iPhone is not...

A Blackberry doubles as an iPod? A Blackberry has a Multitouch interface? Visual voicemail? Nope. iPhone's price is a bit high, but not horridly high, considering all it does.

Quote:

It will be another PS3 if there is no price cuts: 500$ and a 2 year contract==a sucker-only item

Apple is a great brand, but so was Sony: not too long ago, the Playstation was just like the iPod is now...technology is cyclical.

The PS3's problem is that it ran into two credible competitors, one that did nearly everything the PS3 did, and nearly as well, and came out a year earlier than the PS3; and the other was a much cheaper device that totally out-innovated the PS3. The iPhone faces no such competitors currently... most smartphones are hard-to-use, clunky beasts, and Apple is the innovator in the space currently.

Don't get me wrong, there ARE things I don't like about the iPhone-- no 3G and it's ATT-only, for example. But let's not kid ourselves... the thing will be a smash success, at least at first, and probably well after that, if Apple is smart enough to include 3G in future versions and get the pricepoints down a bit.

• Reply 42 of 45
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

It will be another PS3 if there is no price cuts: 500$ and a 2 year contract==a sucker-only item

Apple is a great brand, but so was Sony: not too long ago, the Playstation was just like the iPod is now...technology is cyclical.

A blackberry can be had for ~$200 and it has most of what the iphone has...the iPod is actually priced comparably to the competition, the iPhone is not...

The Blackberry has almost nothing. And it feels cheap, like a plastic toy.

The screen on my wife's is dim.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:

Why do people keep treating the iPhone like a stand-alone device? it is a dongle...as a stand-alone device, it would be worth that price, but without the (minimum) $40/Mo voice and ~$35/Mo data plans it is a BRICK!

the entry level model should be priced in the $250-350 range.

I'm right with you on that one.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    double post!!
  • Reply 45 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

"Control crowds?" Are they going to use fire hoses and dogs?

nope. bean bag shotguns.