Apple updates Apple TV with YouTube support (photos)

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    reiferreifer Posts: 25member
    I think it's pretty cool and frankly works well. Yeah, I'd love a keyboard and all that but, it works and the video is not bad on my 42" HD TV. In addition, my connection is not that fast and yet it seems to keep up well.

One thing I don't get, however is that the search doesn't bring up even a small fraction of what is out there.

Search Colbert or Jon Stewart or Maher and you get 2 or three hits?

Anyone have an idea why? Is there some sort of limit in how much is available to AppleTV? Is it because it doesn't find older material?

If I can get the content, I can see using it.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reifer View Post

One thing I don't get, however is that the search doesn't bring up even a small fraction of what is out there.

Anyone have an idea why? Is there some sort of limit in how much is available to AppleTV? Is it because it doesn't find older material?

I believe YouTube is still converting content... but I can't remember where I heard that. I'd expect more content to show up over time.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    reiferreifer Posts: 25member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by parkrangercody View Post

I believe YouTube is still converting content... but I can't remember where I heard that. I'd expect more content to show up over time.

Yeah, sorry, discovered that after posting. Hope they do get it all. I think it will be great. It's a nice way to view the content.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reifer View Post

Last I heard, they aren't supposed to have any Colbert or Stewart stuff anyway.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    So, the update took longer than I expected to download... Looking at my router logs I suspect its around 250 Megs. Besides clearing out all my 3rd party plugins I'm happy with the update. They were overdue for an update anyways and are easy enough to re-install.

Anyways, the video quality is surprisingly good on the YouTube content