Apple offers 25-minute iPhone guided tour

Comments

• Reply 21 of 139
    fraklincfraklinc Posts: 244member
    i can already see a bunch of people getting mug for the iphone i mean i would not dare to walk around me area with it
  • Reply 22 of 139
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lodenmuse View Post

...yeah, where's the "beautiful hand" model from the original iPhone photos? <---(Hairy hands are what have kept me from becoming a hand model, too.)

And why does this new guy ("Bob"?) need to be married? He's nowhere near cool (or charming) enough to be symbolic of Steve.

I thought the same thing. Between the look and the voice, I thought this was soooo unlike the image Apple was going for.

....whatever
  • Reply 23 of 139
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jraine View Post

Does anyone else have some reservations abou the model they chose? he's so... sterile.

I get the feeling that if you work at Apple all the life and personality is drained from you for fear of offending Lord and Master Steve and you end up like this guy in the tour.
  • Reply 24 of 139
    nerudaneruda Posts: 439member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fraklinc View Post

i can already see a bunch of people getting mug for the iphone i mean i would not dare to walk around me area with it

Yeah, if iPod muggings are common, expect some serious crime problems with the iPhone. This has to have some kind of password lock/encryption.
  • Reply 25 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neruda View Post

Yeah, if iPod muggings are common, expect some serious crime problems with the iPhone. This has to have some kind of password lock/encryption.

Considering how Jobs touted OSX's security, as a reason to put it on the iPhone, I'm expecting a password lock at minimum.
  • Reply 26 of 139
    Why is it that sometimes you pinch/spread fingers to zoom out/zoom in and other times you double-tap with one finger and double tap with 2 fingers? Shouldn't the action be the same for enlarge and reduce across all apps?
  • Reply 27 of 139
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by borisnatasha View Post

Why is it that sometimes you pinch/spread fingers to zoom out/zoom in and other times you double-tap with one finger and double tap with 2 fingers? Shouldn't the action be the same for enlarge and reduce across all apps?

ALL the differnt apps need to work differntly. Like with maps, you would want to keep zooming in so instead of single tapping like you do in photos to zoome out, you tap with two fingures. The piching thing should work for most apps as well but they didnt show it.

(sorry that my explanation was so badly worded)
  • Reply 28 of 139
    A password lock is a must. I can't comprehend a phone made in 2007 not having a password lock.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Considering how Jobs touted OSX's security, as a reason to put it on the iPhone, I'm expecting a password lock at minimum.

• Reply 29 of 139
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by borisnatasha View Post

They didn't make it clear in the video but it has been mentioned by Steve that you can use either method; so If you want to increase your Web zoom just double click OR pinch.
  • Reply 30 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

ALL the differnt apps need to work differntly. Like with maps, you would want to keep zooming in so instead of single tapping like you do in photos to zoome out, you tap with two fingures. The piching thing should work for most apps as well but they didnt show it.

For maps, I think the two finger tap is to zoom out because a single finger tap (on a push pin) takes you to info on that site.

For zoom in/out you use the pinch method. But I thought the single tap takes you back to the original size in case you've zoomed in 2 or 3 times. Now I have to go watch the video again......
  • Reply 31 of 139
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Does the camera record video? Damn.
  • Reply 32 of 139
    That's what I want to know too!
  • Reply 33 of 139
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    I'm waiting to see what Apple has in store for additional apps that you can download for free (or purchase) through iTunes. The iPhone is a beast in terms of processor/graphics power.

It would be nice to install Pages and Keynote through iTunes. You would/could have the ability to Edit documents and insert pictures, videos, music, urls and text... come to think of it; it wouldn't be that different to the desktop version.

We will have to wait and see but we all know this is a multi-year strategy. They are not going to announce apps for sale through iTunes next week, highly unlikely anyhoo.
  • Reply 34 of 139
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    I am surprised in all these demos they never show how to use the camera.
  • Reply 35 of 139
    I didn't see any games on this phone. Seeing that it's all touch screen, I can see how it would be difficult, and the fact that Apple hates Java.
  • Reply 36 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight View Post

I didn't see any games on this phone. Seeing that it's all touch screen, I can see how it would be difficult, and the fact that Apple hates Java.

I would hope that at least the iPod games work. I would think the touch screen would make it easier for games. You don't have any existing buttons to limit you. Just display your own game-specific buttons/slider/controllers.
  • Reply 37 of 139
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

I would hope that at least the iPod games work. I would think the touch screen would make it easier for games. You don't have any existing buttons to limit you. Just display your own game-specific buttons/slider/controllers.

How would the iPod games work on the iPhone?
  • Reply 38 of 139
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight View Post

Games are guaranteed, I'd say they'll be $6.99 through iTunes too.
  • Reply 39 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

How would the iPod games work on the iPhone?

Honestly, I don't know. I have an old iPod and I've never seen the new games in action on a newer iPod. Is there something that ties the games to that particular iPod?

I guess I'm just asking why couldn't you? I mean, the iPhone is an iPod, right? And isn't the multi-touch a more flexible interface?
  • Reply 40 of 139
    It's hard to play a game when your chubby fingers are all over the screen.