Steve Jobs has bet the farm on iPhone

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    rem#1rem#1 Posts: 67member
    I think that we have just seen the test for the compact tablet Mac.

Imagine an iPhone without the phone and a 10" screen, no keyboard, and the screen being Multi-Touch. Using the same chips that is used in the iPhone with a version of iLife and iWork developed for the ARM chip running on Leopard you have a true compact Tablet Mac computer.

Long battery life, much larger battery available because of the size of the computer, and if the on screen keyboard works as well as many are saying no need to have a separate keyboard, with multi-touch no need for a mouse, just a case to cover the screen.

If they can get INK to really work with the ARM chip then writing on the screen will be possible with a stylus.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

Why do people always limit the future to what they have always known in the past?

The past is littered with "great ideas" that totally flopped. So far, voice recognition is the only alternate technology that has survived for entering new data and ideas. When you try entering a long novel by touch screen you may reconsider your statement. The future will give us even more failed attempts to replace the keyboard or voice recognition.

What do you have against voice recognition? It is not used nearly as much as it could be. I'm thinking I'd buy a small pocket computer that I could take with me while hiking and enter random thoughts and ideas, as well a new chapter to a book. I wish they would make such a thing.

Wait, they do make it, called the iPhone. I may run out and get it. Anyone tried voice recognition on it yet?

• Reply 43 of 45
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Hey, I know... you could just drop your iPhone on Microsoft's Surface for a larger screen.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snoopy View Post

Wait, they do make it, called the iPhone. I may run out and get it. Anyone tried voice recognition on it yet?

Just got feedback that the DSP may not be powerful enough. So maybe the next Mac Mini will be a pocket sized table with more computing power. He, he.