Is this Macbook right for me?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by j.rucinski View Post

My graduation party is the 21st, so I will probably go the monday after to get it. Hopefully the Apple store has it instock so I can take it home that day.

You get a bigger discount if you order online...

In the UK you get 8% at stores and 15% on the net. Dunno how that compares in the States. Make sure you use the Higher Education store, not just the Education store.

Amorya
  • Reply 22 of 24
    Its the same discount in the US.

I bought a stock 2.4 and purchase 4GB of RAM and a 250GB 5400RPM drive from OWC (macsales.com). I had an Apple service provider install it as to not void applecare.

Sometimes apple has the best options, but other time it is cheaper/better to do it yourself.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpennington View Post

Its the same discount in the US.

I bought a stock 2.4 and purchase 4GB of RAM and a 250GB 5400RPM drive from OWC (macsales.com). I had an Apple service provider install it as to not void applecare.

Sometimes apple has the best options, but other time it is cheaper/better to do it yourself.

Did you mean it is the same as what he said (8 and 15%) or it is the same discount at both? My MBP was 10% off ($1,799) before I added anything and AppleCare was ~31% off($239 instead of $349). I think each component has a different discount. I just checked and most things are 10%, but software has huge discounts and the cinema display discounts were all over the place.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    I meant the discount was the online as it is in the store (in the US). You can't buy non apple products (like a FM9 academic license) in the store though.