Just got a terrific scare with iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I had just turned on my iPhone and went and checked the weather and then to see if I had any phone messages and then I went to check email and nothing worked. Then I noticed the notes button was out of position and other buttons on the side edges seemed to have part off the screen. None of the buttons responded and I could not power off. I tried pressing the home button and the sleep button, but that wasn't working. I kept pressing them and it finally seemed to reboot. Everything now seems fine, but this has me worried and scared me when everything was none responsive and screen appeared funny. Any help?
«134

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 62
    spcmsspcms Posts: 407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HHansen726 View Post


    I had just turned on my iPhone and went and checked the weather and then to see if I had any phone messages and then I went to check email and nothing worked. Then I noticed the notes button was out of position and other buttons on the side edges seemed to have part off the screen. None of the buttons responded and I could not power off. I tried pressing the home button and the sleep button, but that wasn't working. I kept pressing them and it finally seemed to reboot. Everything now seems fine, but this has me worried and scared me when everything was none responsive and screen appeared funny. Any help?



    I've been there. Drinking less actually does improve things.
  • Reply 2 of 62
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,219member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HHansen726 View Post


    ... Any help?



    You have properly reset your iPhone. What more help do you need?
  • Reply 3 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpcMs View Post


    I've been there. Drinking less actually does improve things.



    I don't drink alcohol! I'm sorry that you do to the extent that it clouds your judgement and reality. You must have been drinking when you replied to my posting. I hope you don't drive when you are drunk. When you are drunk, please don't reply to posts, especially when people have a concern or question. I came for help, not insults. You don't know me and yet did not take my concern seriously. You assumed my concern was the result of drinking. This is insulting!
  • Reply 4 of 62
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I believe the problem with your iPhone is a disabled humor chip. Call AppleCare and request a replacement, or your experience will continue to be burdensome.
  • Reply 5 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post


    I believe the problem with your iPhone is a disabled humor chip. Call AppleCare and request a replacement, or your experience will continue to be burdensome.



    I have a great sense of humor, except when people make a personal attack on me. I take pride in the fact that I don't drink and found the comment about drinking offensive. AppleCare will do nothing until it happens again.
  • Reply 6 of 62
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    From your description, it sounded like it simply locked up in the middle of a transition of screens. Think of it as a kernel panic on your phone, and treat it similarly as you would one on your computer: curse, reset, move on.



    Sorry to hear you were offended, HH, but if you're the one in a few million that would be, try not to take it as a personal attack when it wasn't. Truly.



    (Dear lord, I wasted post #8000 for this? *sigh* I was hoping to hit that milestone in a massive outburst that awed the masses and made women weak in the knees. Oh well.)
  • Reply 7 of 62
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post


    From your description, it sounded like it simply locked up in the middle of a transition of screens. Think of it as a kernel panic on your phone, and treat it similarly as you would one on your computer: curse, reset, move on.



    Sorry to hear you were offended, HH, but if you're the one in a few million that would be, try not to take it as a personal attack when it wasn't. Truly.



    (Dear lord, I wasted post #8000 for this? *sigh* I was hoping to hit that milestone in a massive outburst that awed the masses and made women weak in the knees. Oh well.)



    I once offended a born again christian by inviting him out for a beer after work. Never again.
  • Reply 9 of 62
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,836member






    I hate when that happens.
  • Reply 10 of 62
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,836member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post


    From your description, it sounded like it simply locked up in the middle of a transition of screens. Think of it as a kernel panic on your phone, and treat it similarly as you would one on your computer: curse, reset, move on.



    Sorry to hear you were offended, HH, but if you're the one in a few million that would be, try not to take it as a personal attack when it wasn't. Truly.



    (Dear lord, I wasted post #8000 for this? *sigh* I was hoping to hit that milestone in a massive outburst that awed the masses and made women weak in the knees. Oh well.)



    \ Better luck on post #9000.
  • Reply 11 of 62
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HHansen726 View Post


    I don't drink alcohol! I'm sorry that you do to the extent that it clouds your judgement and reality. You must have been drinking when you replied to my posting. I hope you don't drive when you are drunk. When you are drunk, please don't reply to posts, especially when people have a concern or question. I came for help, not insults. You don't know me and yet did not take my concern seriously. You assumed my concern was the result of drinking. This is insulting!



    Not drinking? Oh, LSD then. Or meth.
  • Reply 12 of 62
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

    After I drink enough I sometimes pretend my TI-85 is an iPhone.



    Dude, that's just sick.



    (DAMN YOU AI TIMESTAMPING SCREWUPS!)
  • Reply 13 of 62
    discodisco Posts: 83member
    After I drink enough I sometimes pretend my TI-85 is an iPhone.
  • Reply 14 of 62
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Hey I have a TI-85 too. I should call you sometime!
  • Reply 15 of 62
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,836member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post


    Hey I have a TI-85 too. I should call you sometime!



    (biggest laugh of the day so far!)
  • Reply 16 of 62
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post


    Hey I have a TI-85 too. I should call you sometime!



    Do you want my number in octal, decimal or hex???
  • Reply 17 of 62
    discodisco Posts: 83member
    The only thing that sucks about making calls on the Ti-85 is the range - that data cable is mighty short.
  • Reply 18 of 62
    Don't worry about reading another post from me. All you have done is show me there are no helpful people, only callous and crass people with no manners. You are rude and think it is funny. You should not have responded and blown your precious post! Making fun of people is not right in any situation. If I want help I will now go elsewhere. This site is for impolite, crass, rude people now. It used to have helpful people posting. Now it is full of people who seem to have nothing better to do than make fun of people and make improper remarks. Yes, go ahead and chalk another one up on your stupid tally of my complaints. I really don't care what you all do. I came with a legitamite concern and was slapped in the face. Sorry if I have a brain that is functioning enough to know when I have been offended, whereas you all apparently drink and do drugs and have no brains to how to treat and talk to people.
  • Reply 19 of 62
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HHansen726 View Post


    Don't worry about reading another post from me. All you have done is show me there are no helpful people, only callous and crass people with no manners. You are rude and think it is funny. You should not have responded and blown your precious post! Making fun of people is not right in any situation. If I want help I will now go elsewhere. This site is for impolite, crass, rude people now. It used to have helpful people posting. Now it is full of people who seem to have nothing better to do than make fun of people and make improper remarks. Yes, go ahead and chalk another one up on your stupid tally of my complaints. I really don't care what you all do. I came with a legitamite concern and was slapped in the face. Sorry if I have a brain that is functioning enough to know when I have been offended, whereas you all apparently drink and do drugs and have no brains to how to treat and talk to people.



    I've heard that the symptoms of excessive cocaine use include taking yourself way too seriously, being easily offended, and not being able to take a joke. Do you prefer snorting or freebasing it before iPhone use?
  • Reply 20 of 62
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HHansen726 View Post


    whereas you all apparently drink and do drugs and have no brains to how to treat and talk to people.



    Gee, I'm offended.
Sign In or Register to comment.