Updated Cinema Displays?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    man, I have never said that Apple will never announce a professional product at MWSf. I said is unlikely by their latest incarnations of the event that has been more consumer driven.

Yes, they did announce professional stuff in the past, I did not recall it and Kenneth showed a link. I agreed there has been professional products there. So I am glad Kenneth refreshed my memory.

But what i am saying is that in the last 4 years they are more consumer driven at MWSF and WWDC and NAB (this applies for hardware and software) are more professional driven. Like it or not that is what has been happening. That's why I started this whole thread posts thing saying that I "doubt" they will announce the MacPro there. But once again I never said they will ever not do it. So please don't put words in my mouth.

on top of that Steve have not been giving too much emphasis on the xserve during his presentation at MWSF. Even tough they were announced at the event, I do not remember he mentioning it at the keynote
  • Reply 22 of 24
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

An LCD is an LCD, there's not tons to be done with it. As for not having a camera... how many LCD's come with cameras?

Viewsonic for one.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    @ gugy:

Your rebuttal was wholly inaccurate to begin with, and has become utterly disjointed since then. Just look at the replies...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy View Post

MWSF is a consumer event.

I don't remember if Apple ever announced a professional product at MWSF.

So my bet is MacPro / Displays either October this year alongside Leopard or sometime next year around WWDC timeframe.

Quote:

Really?

interesting, I have never heard any professional announcement at MWSF and consumer announcement at WWDC. For me these two events are very distinct in what market Apple is after.

Sure a special event can happen at anytime. But I would be very surprise to see a MacPro at MWSF.

Quote:

If you look at the past history of these events the "majority" of products is either consumer at MWSF and Professional at WWDC. If you are talking about a quiet update yes, it could happen, but to Steve announce professional stuff at the MWSF stage, it has been many years and I can't recall it.

Quote:

Like I said the majority of announcements of MWSF are consumer level products.

I understand that you don't recall these things, but once someone demonstrated your error, it probably should have just been left at that. Remember or not, Apple doesn't really stick to the mantra "MWSF is for consumers, WWDC is for pros" in regards to hardware announcements. The theme of these events certainly stick to those views, but the hardware announcements are a different story.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    just look at that link from Kenneth and you will see that the last few years MWSF has been more consumer driven and NAB and WWDC more professional driven in hardware and software.

Apple can surely release the MacPro and displays at MWSF. If Apple follow the trend from the past years regarding these same products they will probably not. Last time we had these products together announced was at MWSF back in 1999.

Is that really hard to see it? Seriously.

I hope we see the Displays and MacPro in November, if not I will be the first one to cheer it to happen at MWSF. I much have rather Apple release their products when they are ready. I'm just observing that Apple seems to have a strategy to release some product lines at certain occasions in the last few years. Why? not sure, I just don't think is pure coincidence.

Maybe you guys don't like the way I am labeling these events, That's fine, maybe you are just not open minded for a different view of things. Whatever it is this forum is here to bring ideas and debate them. So I am not going to sweat the fact you don't agree with me.

Cheers to all!