New 3G iPod Nano info

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy View Post

Humility anyone?

I can see you getting a job at Apple's design department and working right next to Jonathan Ive.

Wouldn't work there.
  • Reply 22 of 42
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Wouldn't work there.

I agree you are too good for Apple!
  • Reply 23 of 42
    Quote:

I agree you are too good for Apple!

You can't be 'too' good, but I 'only' work for myself.
  • Reply 24 of 42
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aetherius View Post

What do ya guys think?

Welcome to AI!

Contrary to Ireland, I like your mockup.
  • Reply 25 of 42
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aetherius View Post

Ok, so this pic is what I think the 3G nanos might look like. Yeah, I totally ripped off Ireland's pic (sorry!) and yes, my photoshop skills are at best solid crap. The screen's a little to the left, there'll probably be a new OS and nothing in the pic is to scale! But I think it'll look something like that. What do ya guys think?

i like this too, silver color RULES!
  • Reply 26 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Did you know iPod posts have their own iPod Forum here at AI?

Hmm, since this product doesn't exist yet I thought *Future Hardware* was the perfect place to put it. Silly me.
  • Reply 27 of 42
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You can't be 'too' good, but I 'only' work for myself.

too bad, I think they (Apple) would definitely miss your mock up contribution there.
  • Reply 28 of 42
    Quote:

too bad, I think they (Apple) would definitely miss your mock up contribution there.

How could they miss my mock-up when this is the direction I think they are headed in already. I'm merely positing the mock-up Steve told me to post.
  • Reply 29 of 42
  • Reply 30 of 42
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waytogobuddy View Post

9to5 Mac

I like how the shadows fall to the right of each iPod despite their positioning.

In other words: Fake!
  • Reply 31 of 42
    Confirmed: the next nanos are going to be fat and ugly
  • Reply 32 of 42
    Look at the large image on 9to5 mac. you can see the title bar and the file has a .psd format.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
  • Reply 33 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tinkerer View Post

Look at the large image on 9to5 mac. you can see the title bar and the file has a .psd format.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Perhaps not so fake after all.

iPod Nano Spy Shots Confirmed as Real by Apple Legal
  • Reply 34 of 42
    Looks good to me, although never in my 2 years of owning the 1st gen Nano have I wished for it to be smaller. In fact, I'm already kind of paranoid over losing it or throwing it in the wash. There better be a shuffle-esque clip.

I'm most interested to see if it'll reach 16 or 32 gigs. Also, absurd as it sounds, I wouldn't mind video functionality, even though I'd probably mostly use that to listen to old Simpsons and Arrested Development episodes.
  • Reply 35 of 42
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    iPod Touch details are already emerging from www.9to5mac.com

TOUCH? you can touch the music huh?
  • Reply 36 of 42
    Apple legal telling someone to pull something is in no way confirmation.

Asteroid anyone?
  • Reply 37 of 42
    mystmyst Posts: 112member
    Stupid Apple Legal using reverse psychology [see. Apple Keyboard & Asteroid] to confuse us... Now how do we know if it's real or fake? AHhrhhrrh... grrahhh.... hhhhhzzgmrr ....
  • Reply 38 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Myst View Post

Stupid Apple Legal using reverse psychology [see. Apple Keyboard & Asteroid] to confuse us... Now how do we know if it's real or fake? AHhrhhrrh... grrahhh.... hhhhhzzgmrr ....

They are images, whether from Apple or not, that's not the point. The point is, is it the actual 3rd Gen iPod nano design. I'd bet my left testicle it's not. If it is then it's the worst looking iPod Apple has ever created, it doesn't even look like something they would even think about doing, let alone manufacture.
  • Reply 39 of 42
    ajpriceajprice Posts: 320member
    I have a nano, and a 4G. I always thought the nano was an odd proportion, too tall and not wide enough. The best proprtion would be a credit card size, but then it looks like the pictures above, and doesn't look right with a scroll wheel. I'd love the nano to be all screen and touch control like an iPhone, but how feasable is it to get an iPhone-like touch screen and OS X into a £99 product, and give the baseline more memory than the current 2Gb baseline?It would be great if this is possible, but I have no idea if it actually is.
  • Reply 40 of 42
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John_Drake View Post

Perhaps not so fake after all.

iPod Nano Spy Shots Confirmed as Real by Apple Legal

Not at all. Apple often randomly picks a hot rumor purporting to be true to C&D. Keeps everyone on their toes. if they only C&D the actuals it would be a dead giveaway. As for now, could go either way.