Apple inks exclusive iPhone deals in UK, France & Germany - report

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 105
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1)

I still hold firm that it's better for manufacturers to include easy to access and use email client into phones with data capabilities (nearly all phones now) rather than holdfast to the vast limitations of MMS.

Lovely, but other manufacturers haven't done that have they, and until they do, Apple should provide the purchasers of their iPhone the means to reach their mates with well tried, easy to use, widely adopted (everey other phone has them). The vast majority of phones sold today do not have support for email.

I was an idiot; I purchased the iPhone without realizing its SMS limitations, the inability to reach multiple recipients with one message, the lack of copy/paste, and I regret it. I thought Apple would have fixed it by now (expecially after an Apple store rep in an aside agreed that it must have been an oversight and it would surely be fixed soon. But soon, hopefully.
  • Reply 102 of 105
    I wouldnt hold your breath. The updates will occur over the course of the next 24 months so....
  • Reply 103 of 105
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Riptide View Post

Lovely, but other manufacturers haven't done that have they, and until they do, Apple should provide the purchasers of their iPhone the means to reach their mates with well tried, easy to use, widely adopted (everey other phone has them). The vast majority of phones sold today do not have support for email.

Apple doesn[t work that way. They see a tech obsolescing and totally ignore it. There are many examples, though many of them are hardware based. The one exception is EDGE, but in Apple's defense EDGE is still still very strong in the US where HSDPA is not.

Hopefully AT&T wills step up it's game in the next year with HSDPA coverage and other manufacturers will start to offer email as easy as one can access SMS. One can dream...
  • Reply 104 of 105
    Quote:

The one exception is EDGE, but in Apple's defense EDGE is still still very strong in the US where HSDPA is not.

That, and Apple probably looked at their prototype 3G phone in comparison to their prototype 2G phone - and found that the 2G had longer battery life and was considerably smaller...
  • Reply 105 of 105
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:

Apple doesn[t work that way. They see a tech obsolescing and totally ignore it. There are many examples, though many of them are hardware based. The one exception is EDGE, but in Apple's defense EDGE is still still very strong in the US where HSDPA is not.

Hopefully AT&T wills step up it's game in the next year with HSDPA coverage and other manufacturers will start to offer email as easy as one can access SMS. One can dream...

I'm not so sure about the lack of 3G services. Sprints is pretty much everywhere. I assume that Verisons is as well. ATT is the one lagging here.

I've never had a problem using 3G with my Treo 700p anywhere I've gone in the US.