Well, it's time: E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Comments

• Reply 81 of 286
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cake View Post

Yeah, they beat the Raiders and the Vikings - both crap teams.

Detroit's defense is ranked at the bottom of the league:

Look, a win is a win in my book, no matter how ugly.

Today, the Eagles shined. I'm just saying that this was not a true test of who the Eagles are.

This one was easy.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

I give Detroit 6 wins, tops. Really, their defense is truly awful. Some talent on the defensive line, but pretty awful otherwise, especially the secondary. A fine win for the Eagles, regardless. McNabb was hitting receivers perfectly in stride. I still expect to win the NFC East.

Well, fair enough guys. I think Detroit is probably better than 6 wins. I agree their defense is bad, but 56 points bad? Anyway...

I do think this secures McNabb's job....that and the fact that Kolb was a bag of shit on the few plays he was in there. He's got to feel good. Hopefully he's got is confidence back...it seems like it.
  • Reply 82 of 286
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    My wife's opinion is that the Lions were to busy laughing at the Eagle's throwbacks to play right!
  • Reply 83 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

My wife's opinion is that the Lions were to busy laughing at the Eagle's throwbacks to play right!

There might be something there, though the other way around. I think it's possible that the Eagles could see each other better (mainly, McNabb) because they didn't blend into the field anymore. Thoughts?
  • Reply 84 of 286
    Thoughts? Green hasn't effected them negatively for decades, but if we want to use that to explain their poor start... :-P
  • Reply 85 of 286
    Kevin Curtis.

Greatest. Receiver. Ever.
  • Reply 86 of 286
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    So what's the latest on Westbrook's status for tonight SDW?

Inquiring fantasy football minds want to know!
  • Reply 87 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

So what's the latest on Westbrook's status for tonight SDW?

Inquiring fantasy football minds want to know!

Looks like he's still a game time "questionable" decision. My money is on him playing. They have a bye week next week, and it's the Giants. A win would be big for them.

Eagles 24, Giants 14.
  • Reply 88 of 286
    Westbrook playing would be a definite plus, but I wouldn't mind getting so see what Tony Hunt can do with the rock. (Hopefully good things!! )
  • Reply 89 of 286
    Utterly embarrassing! Has Andy Reid ever heard of making adjustments? Never mind all the Pro Bowlers hurt, Reid lost this game all by himself, by not giving Justice any help, ALL GAME LONG.

FYI Any, if your LT is getting raped by the defense, YOU PUT A TE OR RB ON THAT SIDE TO HELP OUT!

EVEN HIGH SCHOOL COACHES KNOW THIS!

Good effort by the Eagles' defense, Buckhalter and McNabb played OK, WHEN HE HAD TIME TO THROW!

• Reply 90 of 286
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Anyway, a lot of commentators are picking the Eagles to go to the dance this year. On paper I have to agree. No one in the NFC is as complete as they are.

Funny how things change once the season starts.
  • Reply 91 of 286
    Quote:

True, true. Though I didn't seriously expect the SB from the Eagles this year. He was talking about on paper, they don't include inept coaching staffs on paper rankings.

BTW, those lowly Lions put up 37 on the Bears' defense today.

Not that it matters much after Winston Justice got assploded by the Giants tonight...
  • Reply 92 of 286
    The Eagles are an embarrassment.

Sincerely

The Chargers
  • Reply 93 of 286
    Quote:

Quote:

Utterly embarrassing! Has Andy Reid ever heard of making adjustments? Never mind all the Pro Bowlers hurt, Reid lost this game all by himself, by not giving Justice any help, ALL GAME LONG.

FYI Any, if your LT is getting raped by the defense, YOU PUT A TE OR RB ON THAT SIDE TO HELP OUT!

EVEN HIGH SCHOOL COACHES KNOW THIS!

Good effort by the Eagles' defense, Buckhalter and McNabb played OK, WHEN HE HAD TIME TO THROW!

Quote:

True, true. Though I didn't seriously expect the SB from the Eagles this year. He was talking about on paper, they don't include inept coaching staffs on paper rankings.

BTW, those lowly Lions put up 37 on the Bears' defense today.

Not that it matters much after Winston Justice got assploded by the Giants tonight...

Well, it was an anal shanking, that's true. The line was truly pathetic. Justice got bitch slapped all night, and Reid did nothing to fix it. They refuses to use the weapons they have, Tony Hunt and Buck, both of who in tandem could at least compensate for Westbrook being out, even if they couldn't replace him.

As you guys know, I get very critical of McNabb, but in this case, it's not his fault. He had nowhere to go. Even the old McNabb couldn't have escaped a lot of those situations.

At this point my feeling is it's time for Andy to go. The list of mistakes and ineptness has just grown too long. We've had:

1. Embarrassing Linc Field Opener in 2003, Eagles unprepared, flat emotionally. Andy Reid takes responsibility, and rightly so.

2. Losing three straight NFC championships, much of it due to poor game planning.

3. Poor managerial decisions such as going hell bent on Jeremy Bloom despite nearly unanimous condemnation of the decsision.

4. Clock management in the Super Bowl.

5. No ability to make adjustments mid-game, as demonstrated last night.

6. Failure to motivate the team in general. My perception is that if the team is fired up, it's the players that cause it to be so. Andy Reid needs to show some emotion...tee off on the guy that made an amateur mistake, get visibly excited about a great play, etc.

7. Failure to explain decisions adequately in press conferences. "Well be fine there" and "we have things to work on" are not acceptable answers, Andy.

Don't get me wrong, again. I like the guy. He's done a lot for the team and for the City. He's a genuinely nice person, and has a great knowledge of the game. But things like this drive me crazy:

Quote:

Reid said that to change course now would send the wrong message.

"It is what it is. You take it. We all knew (the bye) was going to be here," he said. "You hope your record's better, but it's not. You get yourself right and turn it around."

I understand that thinking, but where is the recognition that this is NOT acceptable, and that you WILL fix it and come out and kick ass after the bye? I don't want "ho-hum" we'll be OK and we're not really happy but we'll be fine there." That's not the "Philly guy" thing to say.
  • Reply 94 of 286
    Heard a rumor on the NFL network today that Andy Reid is considering taking a 'hiatus from coaching for personal/family reasons'. Just an unconfirmed rumor, but my wife came in to see what I was shouting in glee about.

• Reply 95 of 286
    Quote:

Heard a rumor on the NFL network today that Andy Reid is considering taking a 'hiatus from coaching for personal/family reasons'. Just an unconfirmed rumor, but my wife came in to see what I was shouting in glee about.

That would be surprising. But who replaces him?
  • Reply 96 of 286
    Quote:

That would be surprising. But who replaces him?

Morningwheg (sp?) for the rest of the season, after that...???

Bill Cowher?
  • Reply 97 of 286
    Quote:

Morningwheg (sp?) for the rest of the season, after that...???

Bill Cowher?

Well the rumor has been denied. Maybe Donovan can be the coach. He thinks he is already.
  • Reply 98 of 286
    ronaldoronaldo Posts: 439member
    GO BEARS.

BEARS WIN 19-16
  • Reply 99 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ronaldo View Post

GO BEARS.

BEARS WIN 19-16

I honestly cannot believe what I just witnessed. The Eagles led the entire game. They didn't let the Bears into the end zone the whole game. They moved the ball at will, despite having some trouble in the red zone again.

Then they allowed the Bears to march 97 yards in 11 plays and 1:49 to score a touchdown. Oh, and they didn't even try the Hail Mary at the end.

The loss was pathetic and unacceptable. Fucking pathetic.
  • Reply 100 of 286
    ronaldoronaldo Posts: 439member
    Quote:

I honestly cannot believe what I just witnessed. The Eagles led the entire game. They didn't let the Bears into the end zone the whole game. They moved the ball at will, despite having some trouble in the red zone again.

Then they allowed the Bears to march 97 yards in 11 plays and 1:49 to score a touchdown. Oh, and they didn't even try the Hail Mary at the end.

The loss was pathetic and unacceptable. Fucking pathetic.

I couldn't believe it either. I thought sure the Bears were going to lose another one.