Well, it's time: E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Comments

• Reply 161 of 286
    But alas, the Eagles ran out of gas at the end. Count on the team to do something stupid at the end, as I've read on other message boards online.
  • Reply 162 of 286
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Nope.

Incorrect. Indy did.

Feeley was doing so well until he launched that stupid pass into the end zone.
  • Reply 163 of 286
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Incorrect. Indy did.

Exactly. That was stupid. All we had to do is kick a field goal and tie the game, or let Westbrook pound it, possibly for a touchdown. I think without that interception, we win the game.

Man, the defense looked GREAT though. I guess it was a moral victory in some ways...the biggest line ever (or close), and the Eagles nearly pull it off. Nice. But this season is basically done I think. 5-6 is not sitting well with me. I will say this...if they play like that in the next 5 games, we might be talking.
  • Reply 164 of 286
    I'm not sure if this is true, but I read somewhere that Feeley was trying to throw it away and simply didn't put enough on it.

Certainly it was heartening to see a team not be intimidated by New England. The Bufallo game was just awful. Their defensive strategy seemed to play zone and pass Moss off to the next person, and try to avoid the blame.

Regular season wise, I think Pittsburgh is the type of team that could give NE a tough game if their offensive line can hold things together (from what I've seen though, it's a pretty bad o-line).
  • Reply 165 of 286
    Quote:

I'm not sure if this is true, but I read somewhere that Feeley was trying to throw it away and simply didn't put enough on it.

Certainly it was heartening to see a team not be intimidated by New England. The Bufallo game was just awful. Their defensive strategy seemed to play zone and pass Moss off to the next person, and try to avoid the blame.

Regular season wise, I think Pittsburgh is the type of team that could give NE a tough game if their offensive line can hold things together (from what I've seen though, it's a pretty bad o-line).

I just read that...he claims both INTs (not counting the last one) were like that. It just sucks though. I think we really had them. We could have won. Best we can do is 10-6 now, Dallas is still up. Still, 10-6 is good enough for the playoffs in the NFC.
  • Reply 166 of 286
    Quote:

Incorrect. Indy did.

Forgot that Brady came back that game with two touchdowns in the 4th.

My bad...
  • Reply 167 of 286
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    55 minutes of top notch football, followed by 5 minutes of this season's typical clock mismanagement and screwy mistakes.

Have to admit Philly played much better than I expected.
  • Reply 168 of 286
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,007member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I just read that...he claims both INTs (not counting the last one) were like that. It just sucks though. I think we really had them. We could have won. Best we can do is 10-6 now, Dallas is still up. Still, 10-6 is good enough for the playoffs in the NFC.

Well, some team at 5-6 is going to make the playoffs in the NFC. I cannot believe that Detroit (currently in a 3 game loosing streak) and the Giants (they suck!) will BOTH hold on. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if neither made it.

There are, what, 4 teams at 5-6. Mark my words: one of them is getting to the show (and it still could be the Eagles).
  • Reply 169 of 286
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Still, 10-6 is good enough for the playoffs in the NFC.

I know you're giddy over the Eagles' performance, but 10-6? Playoffs?

You are dreaming.
  • Reply 170 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cake View Post

I know you're giddy over the Eagles' performance, but 10-6? Playoffs?

You are dreaming.

Then you don't look at it objectively. The only team that should give them problems on the schedule is Dallas. That would mean they'd go 9-7. If they played like they did last night, they'd beat Dallas.

I'm not holding out false hope. They could always lose next week AND at Dallas. There is no telling with this group.
  • Reply 171 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

There are, what, 4 teams at 5-6.

Amazingly, there are SIX teams in the NFC with 5-6 records

Philly

Washington

Chicago

Minnesota

Arizona

New Orleans

I agree that one of those teams will probably make it. I think NY holds on, but I think Detroit is doomed, and will probably finish 8-8 or maybe 7-9.

I'd give Philly, Chicago, and New Orleans the best shots. My guess is there will be two or three 9-7 teams, and tiebrakers will decided it (I have no idea what any tiebrakers look like right now, other than Detroit is screwed in pretty much any tiebraker).
  • Reply 172 of 286
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Then you don't look at it objectively. The only team that should give them problems on the schedule is Dallas. That would mean they'd go 9-7. If they played like they did last night, they'd beat Dallas.

I'm not holding out false hope. They could always lose next week AND at Dallas. There is no telling with this group.

Talk about not being objective:

Quote:

Selected posts from SDW:

No one in the NFC is as complete as they are.

Anyway, if al goes well this should my boys' year, at least to go to the 'bowl.

Overall, a REALLY disappointing loss that makes me question my predictions quite a bit.

I just don't get this team. What was it, the uniforms? McNabb looked like his old self, Westbrook was great...the D played well against a hot offense.

Well, it was an anal shanking, that's true. The line was truly pathetic.

The loss was pathetic and unacceptable. Fucking pathetic.

So let's talk about Sunday. It was a fairly decent win.

At this point the season is done.

At this point I think we turn to next year.

Well they won, but it wasn't pretty.

I understand being passionate about your team, but you have no objectivity. You are erratic and slightly irrational. You are posting with your heart, not with your head. That's cool, that's part of what makes the NFL so enjoyable, but the Eagles are not a playoff team.

Even if they squeak through they won't last past the first round.

On any given day a team can beat the best team in history - and the Eagles almost did it, but I think that was a aberration.

Remember when Garcia took over for McNabb? The team played harder. The same thing happened last night. McNabb will be back next week (maybe) and they'll go back to beating themselves.

When the Patriots were 14-2 in 2004 they lost to a horrible Dolphins team. Anything can happen during a given week, but it's not going to happen week after week.
  • Reply 173 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cake View Post

Talk about not being objective:

I understand being passionate about your team, but you have no objectivity. You are erratic and slightly irrational. You are posting with your heart, not with your head. That's cool, that's part of what makes the NFL so enjoyable, but the Eagles are not a playoff team.

Even if they squeak through they won't last past the first round.

On any given day a team can beat the best team in history - and the Eagles almost did it, but I think that was a aberration.

Remember when Garcia took over for McNabb? The team played harder. The same thing happened last night. McNabb will be back next week (maybe) and they'll go back to beating themselves.

When the Patriots were 14-2 in 2004 they lost to a horrible Dolphins team. Anything can happen during a given week, but it's not going to happen week after week.

Uh, I tell it like it is, champ. When they suck I say so. If they play well, I say so. And yes, I'm passionate about my team. That doesn't mean I can't be objective. Looking at the schedule, the only team that SHOULD give them a real problem IF THEY PLAY WELL, is Dallas. But as I said, who knows. It's the Eagles. They could easily return to suck land, as you essentially point out.
  • Reply 174 of 286
    I can't believe Sean Taylor has died.

How sad.

Why has it seemed there has been an influx of professional athletes homes being broken into and robbed at gunpoint? This is like the 5th one in a year.
  • Reply 175 of 286
    In SDW's defense, according to the most objective measurement I know, the Eagles are the #12 team in the league.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/200...-ratings/5809/

So they're an above average team, although I agree that their chances to do anything in the playoffs, if they happened to make it, are slim.
  • Reply 176 of 286
    Quote:

In SDW's defense, according to the most objective measurement I know, the Eagles are the #12 team in the league.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/200...-ratings/5809/

So they're an above average team, although I agree that their chances to do anything in the playoffs, if they happened to make it, are slim.

Well, my problem with that site though is that it lists SF as dead last and MIA as several steps better. The Niners have won 3 games and the Dolphins have won none. Hmmm?
  • Reply 177 of 286
    You should really read the description of how they calculate DVOA. It'll make a little more sense after you read it, but Pretty much the same way Detroit can be ranked 22nd. It's not a be all end all sort of thing, and the creators readily acknowledge that, but the fact that DVOA breaks down every single play by every team for the whole year can be used to looks at teams, offense / defense, pretty specific stuff like 3rd down offense and specific players, it can provide some really interesting insights.

Ugh, sweet run-on sentence I've got going there.
  • Reply 178 of 286
    Season Over. See you next year.
  • Reply 179 of 286
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:

No offense SDW2001, but as a long time die hard NYGiants fan, YES!!!!!

I hate the that team more than all of the other teams in the NFL combined.

But, I am worried about playing you guys this week. Those games are almost always rough and tumble slugfests.
  • Reply 180 of 286
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,007member
    Quote:

Nahh.

Suck it up, man.

Sure, the playoffs are out. But we still have a chance to beat the Giants and the Cowboys. Sometimes you just got to make the best of what you got. Helping the Giants to a Mets-like skid would be fun!

And beating the Cowboys always gives me the warm fuzzies in a violent, football sort of way...