Apple updates iWork '08, iPod touch, iTunes PC, Mac firmware

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
In addition to its iPhone version 1.1.1 software update Thursday afternoon, Apple also released a slew of additional software revisions for its iWork '08 productivity suite, iPod touch media player, and iTunes for Windows software. The company also issued firmware updates for the iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Pro, and Xserve.

Pages 3.0.1

Pages 3.0.1 [27.8MB] primarily addresses issues with change tracking and performance.

Keynote 4.0.1

Keynote 4.0.1 [31.8MB] primarily addresses issues with builds and performance.

Numbers 1.0.1

Numbers 1.0.1 [26.1MB] primarily addresses issues with tables and performance.

iPod touch 1.1.1

iPod touch 1.1.1 includes "bug fixes" and can be downloaded by connecting your iPod touch to a computer running iTunes.

iTunes 7.4.3

iTunes 7.4.3 [49MB] addresses issues with the initial setup of the iPod touch on some international versions of Windows.

iMac EFI Firmware Update 1.2

iMac EFI Firmware Update 1.2 [3.9MB] improves the performance and reliability of Intel Core 2 Duo processors and fixes issues with Boot Camp for iMac computers.

Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.2

Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.2 [2.8MB] fixes several fan behavior and Boot Camp issues on Mac Pro computers.

MacBook EFI Firmware Update 1.1

MacBook EFI Firmware Update 1.1 [1.7MB] improves the performance and reliability of Intel Core 2 Duo processors and fixes issues with Boot Camp for MacBook computers.

MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.4

MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.4 [2.8MB] improves the performance and reliability of Intel Core 2 Duo processors and fixes issues with Boot Camp for MacBook Pro computers.

Xserve EFI Firmware Update 1.0

Xserve EFI Firmware Update 1.0 [1.5MB] update is recommended for all Xserve users and improves the performance and reliability of Dual-Core Intel Xeon processors.

Firmware Restoration CD 1.4

The Firmware Restoration CD [30MB] can restore the firmware of an Intel-based Macintosh computer. For details on this release, please see this support document.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Yeow, what is that, a new iTunes every week?
  • Reply 2 of 23
    Mega Thursday!
  • Reply 3 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Yeow, what is that, a new iTunes every week?

It's for windows only.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    What on earth...?

Did Christmas come early? What's with the super-mega update Thursday?

Did someone take the "Bring the Rain" line from Transformers to heart?
  • Reply 5 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

What on earth...?

Did Christmas come early? What's with the super-mega update Thursday?

Did someone take the "Bring the Rain" line from Transformers to heart?

I've got a feeling this is all in preparation for 10.5, which SHOULD only be round the corner...
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Unknownjazzer View Post

I've got a feeling this is all in preparation for 10.5, which SHOULD only be round the corner...

I believe you are absolutely correct.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    parkyparky Posts: 383member
    My iPod touch screen is significantly better after the update - no more negative blacks!

Ian
  • Reply 8 of 23
    I couldn't apply the Macbook 1.1 firmware update on my Macbook 2.1 (C2D late 2006). Anyone having similar issues?

/Adrian
  • Reply 9 of 23
    I'm having the same problem with my 2.3GHz Macbook pro. When I press shutdown it comes back saying "An unexpected error occurred (). Your fimware can not be updated."
  • Reply 10 of 23
    Geez, hopefully this does something nice for iWork.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    I'm not even getting this MacBook Pro firmware update in Software Update... what's up with that?
  • Reply 12 of 23
    pmjoepmjoe Posts: 565member
    Definitely looks like they're getting ready for the Leopard releease.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing "bug fixes" does not equal getting missing software and features onto the crippled iPod touch.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Numbers appears to be noticeably snappier after the update.

Of course, it's still a little laggy on my PBG4 "Just barely Leopard-able" 867 MHZ, but it is much more useable now since you can actually scroll around smoothly while zoomed in...
  • Reply 14 of 23
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    I particularly like the update named "iLife Support" cool!
  • Reply 15 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash View Post

Numbers appears to be noticeably snappier after the update.

Of course, it's still a little laggy on my PBG4 "Just barely Leopard-able" 867 MHZ, but it is much more useable now since you can actually scroll around smoothly while zoomed in...

I thought so too. Wasn't sure if I was just imagining it.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markw10 View Post

I'm having the same problem with my 2.3GHz Macbook pro. When I press shutdown it comes back saying "An unexpected error occurred (). Your fimware can not be updated."

When you say it comes back do you mean when it boots back into your desktop? Just incase you haven't done this when you turn your machine back on after running the updater and pressing shutdown you have to hold the 'On' button down till you hear a loud continuous tone on the MBP. Also, check your firmware version in system profiler, just incase its somehow already up to date.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Has anyone applied the EFI 1.2 update to an iMac with an XP Boot Camp partition?

A comment on Versiontracker where a user couldn't see his Windows partition after the firmware update makes me too cautious to apply it to mine just yet.

Thanks.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stoneygate View Post

Has anyone applied the EFI 1.2 update to an iMac with an XP Boot Camp partition?

A comment on Versiontracker where a user couldn't see his Windows partition after the firmware update makes me too cautious to apply it to mine just yet.

Thanks.

Yes I have, iMac core 2 duo 2.4 Ghz and had no problems. My partition is still there ;-)
  • Reply 19 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacShack View Post

Yes I have, iMac core 2 duo 2.4 Ghz and had no problems. My partition is still there ;-)

Thanks for your reply, I've just installed the firmware update successfully and then booted into Windows XP and back again with no problems on my 17in 2ghz C2D iMac.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stoneygate View Post

Thanks for your reply, I've just installed the firmware update successfully and then booted into Windows XP and back again with no problems on my 17in 2ghz C2D iMac.

Good for you!!