Mock Up Thread: The Future of Apple

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I was browsing an archive of old threads from this same category, and I saw quite a few mockup threads. So I decided that I would revive that, have a central thread for creativity from around the globe concerning apple design.



You can post anything here. It can be your own personal designs, links to websites/pages that hold collections of designs, displays of stuuff done by other people from other forums or other sections of this one, anything.



Also, there is no limit as to what your design can do, how realistic it is, or when its meant to be producede. Can be as futuristic as you like.



I would like to start this thread off with designs off my own, but I've hit a block in terms of where to take some very basic designs.



So I guess I'll make do with posting a few links for you all, although you've probably seen them all already.



http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/gallery/photoart/



http://www.theapplecollection.com/de...ign/index.html



http://www.apple-style.com/laboratory/



http://www.apple-discounts.com/contest/gallery1.html
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 25
    irelandireland Posts: 17,743member
    Because AI is laid out in threads it wouldn't work, the conversation would be far too convoluted.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,408member
    Maybe you could pull all of the mockups into a blog, then we could comment here.
  • Reply 3 of 25
    Honestly, Who's want to be Jonny Ive? is there another company that has SUCH a following of "future mock-up" artists?? one day Apple are bound to release something, and one of those artists will sue the legs off them, because hey after all "I did it first" right... {shudder} If I was Mr Ives it would give me a nervous twitch
  • Reply 4 of 25
    irelandireland Posts: 17,743member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    Maybe you could pull all of the mockups into a blog, then we could comment here.



    Yeah I agree. You've got work to do Kingston
  • Reply 5 of 25
    I'd do that, only I've got barely any knowledge of web design, or an access to web page authoring software anyway. I haven't even got any knowledge of website creation.



    I acknoledge that that was probably a good idea on the part of Spam Sandwich, but I still think the part of posting personal designs here is still a valid purpose.



    And thanks for the replies. Was wondering how well my first thread (first post to, for that matter) and it seems to be going fairly well.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    irelandireland Posts: 17,743member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kingston View Post


    I'd do that, only I've got barely any knowledge of web design, or an access to web page authoring software anyway. I haven't even got any knowledge of website creation.



    I acknoledge that that was probably a good idea on the part of Spam Sandwich, but I still think the part of posting personal designs here is still a valid purpose.



    And thanks for the replies. Was wondering how well my first thread (first post to, for that matter) and it seems to be going fairly well.



    I'm sure he was joking, well I was anyway. Welcome to the forums.
  • Reply 7 of 25
    As usual, I was half-kidding. If you don't know how to do it, Kingston, no biggie.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    I can't stop drooling over this:



    http://www.theapplecollection.com/de...pple_3GHz.html



    That is absolutely perfect for me. Even more so IF it has two DVI's out.
  • Reply 9 of 25
    That's kinda cute. I'd probably want a bit of a better design. I mean, it's cute, but I want gorgeous.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fishyesque View Post


    That's kinda cute. I'd probably want a bit of a better design. I mean, it's cute, but I want gorgeous.





    Change the design any way you want to. Just keep the guts the same. This is a scaled down Max Pro -- PERFECT.
  • Reply 11 of 25
    I know, the guts are amazing! When I first saw the review of the Mac Pro, I drooled. Ahhh, I love Apple. I wish they'd make their own country.
  • Reply 12 of 25
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fishyesque View Post


    I know, the guts are amazing! When I first saw the review of the Mac Pro, I drooled. Ahhh, I love Apple. I wish they'd make their own country.



    I know what you mean. I've been using PC's forever, and most of my workmates and friends use PC's. I've never heard one of them say they feel about their PC's the way Mac users feel. On the other hand, I get p___ed off because SJ doesn't make the computer I want - the computer we're discussing.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    That's a good point. You never hear PC users (at least I haven't) gush about their computers in the same way. I wish everyone would look at it from a logical standpoint, cause then everyone would get macs I mean, Microsoft makes the software, tons of random companies make the hardware, throw on some of their own software and sell it. Apple does it all, and it simply works. It's simply amazing. And downright sexy. (most of the time )

    I'm sure they'll make this eventually.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fishyesque View Post


    That's a good point. You never hear PC users (at least I haven't) gush about their computers in the same way. I wish everyone would look at it from a logical standpoint, cause then everyone would get macs I mean, Microsoft makes the software, tons of random companies make the hardware, throw on some of their own software and sell it. Apple does it all, and it simply works. It's simply amazing. And downright sexy. (most of the time )

    I'm sure they'll make this eventually.



    We can't sell MS short, though. What is amazing is that MS can make software that works on computers of 'tons of random companies'. That's probably why it's buggy at times.

    As you point out, Apple does it all. That makes it easier to make everything work properly. Apple can focus on just a few computers. MS has to focus on a much broader spectrum. That being said, I wish I didn't have to use PC's.
  • Reply 15 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post


    We can't sell MS short, though. What is amazing is that MS can make software that works on computers of 'tons of random companies'. That's probably why it's buggy at times.

    As you point out, Apple does it all. That makes it easier to make everything work properly. Apple can focus on just a few computers. MS has to focus on a much broader spectrum. That being said, I wish I didn't have to use PC's.



    Amen to that.

    I'm unfortunately on a PC right now. A Compaq none the less. Sighhh. I hope things open up a little in the future when it comes to the broadness of the use of Macs.
  • Reply 16 of 25
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    my favorite thing is looking back at the mock ups from a few years ago. They are either way to simple and obsolete, or way too advanced.













    I honestly wished my mac pro looked like this:

















    screw functionality.
  • Reply 17 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post


    I can't stop drooling over this:



    http://www.theapplecollection.com/de...pple_3GHz.html



    That is absolutely perfect for me. Even more so IF it has two DVI's out.



    The inputs on the bottom (2 USBs, 2 FW400s) are too low. That's almost ground level, like get down on my hands and knees level. In my mind, even the inputs on the Mac Pro are too low, though (I've got mine on a foot-high piece of furniture and it's the right height). I would want to see them up nearer the DVD drives, on the theory that one should be able to reach down to them while seated at a desk with feet comfortably on the floor (then again, I have a foot rest).



    And a 7300 GT would have either two DVI outs or a DVI and a VGA. Most of the ones I've seen have one of each, but there are dual-DVI models, and I don't think it'd fit Apple's esthetic to have one of each.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    I know what you mean about looking at old mock ups. There's this old mock up called the Apple G7 on the apple collection. Page 34 around abouts. Point is how I wish that was real. It was amazing. Better stpo before O fllod the romm with drooling.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    Working on a digital watch concept at the moment. Not exactly sure where I'm taking it, but hopefuly I'll be able to present a half decent design to you when I get if to at least the rough draft stage. Not sure when that'll be though, schoolwork's wheighing down on me.



    Anyone else got any mockups they can show to us. Try and get this thread started up again. =)
  • Reply 20 of 25
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kingston View Post


    Working on a digital watch concept at the moment. Not exactly sure where I'm taking it, but hopefuly I'll be able to present a half decent design to you when I get if to at least the rough draft stage. Not sure when that'll be though, schoolwork's wheighing down on me.



    Anyone else got any mockups they can show to us. Try and get this thread started up again. =)



    Yeah, Kingston. Actually, this is a mockup from one of the URL's that you had in your first post. This is the best mockup I've seen. Other AI members say it needs some changes. For instance:



    1. Mac Pro cheese grater design. It needs front airflow.



    2. Move front ports to top of case above the optical drives. Those who choose to mount it on the floor (which is probably the majority) will have a hard time reaching them on the very bottom of the case.





    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2052/...1688e9aa75.jpg



    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2348/...1f0d549ca3.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.