Mock Up Thread: The Future of Apple

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    So who cares if it doesn't have front cheese grates. I mean, there's no way ou could get a system like that out of Apple for $1000. There's nothing that says any concepts in this thread have to be realistic. Too right too. Means we can dream.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kingston View Post

So who cares if it doesn't have front cheese grates. I mean, there's no way ou could get a system like that out of Apple for $1000. There's nothing that says any concepts in this thread have to be realistic. Too right too. Means we can dream.

AIR FLOW, man, air flow. The computer has to have cooling or ___.

No one said it would cost only $1000. That was part of the mock up from YOUR post. Think somewhere around $1500.

As for not being realistic, count me out. I'm looking for a practical computer.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    That mac 3ghz mock up would have given me everything I could have ever wanted.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

my favorite thing is looking back at the mock ups from a few years ago. They are either way to simple and obsolete, or way too advanced.

I honestly wished my mac pro looked like this:

screw functionality.

That is all I will ever be able to see in my minds eye from now on, every time I read the Phrase "Apple should make an xMac" Brilliant find, thanks for the chuckle it's one classy piece of design too!
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Of course air flow is important. It's extremly important. But the whole point of this thread is to focus on any concept. There's nothing that says it has to be realistic. And like a said, that great, as it means we can focus on pure creativity and imagination. So let the impracticality and unrelaism continue I say.

On a different note, I'm still working on my watch concept. Still not quite, there, but hopefully should be ready for presentation soon.