List of 'old' apps that do / don't work under Classic

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Hey besson3c ..... check out my private message
  • Reply 22 of 30
    I just tested, and besson3c is right. I can't get Classic apps to listen to what I put in the memory values.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Leonis is correct about the memory allocation. I concur wholehartedly without a doubt that that is the way it works.

[quote]Originally posted by bradbower:

<strong>I just tested, and besson3c is right. I can't get Classic apps to listen to what I put in the memory values.</strong><hr></blockquote>Hmm... that can not be correct. I just allocated 500KB to Photoshop 6.0 and got an out of memory error when I tried to open one document. Obviously Classic apps do use the allocations.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>3) Option-click outside the working window will cause the entire Classic environment quit</strong><hr></blockquote>Odd. I'm option-clicking between apps like crazy right now and nothing has crashed yet. Double-check your extension set for extraneous stuff.

[quote]<strong>4) Brush painting is slower, a lot slower. Also is a pain to me because I paint in Photoshop a lot </strong><hr></blockquote>It's just as fast for me in X as in 9 on my DP500G4. What kind of mac are you using? Again, check the extension set.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>It's just as fast for me in X as in 9 on my DP500G4. What kind of mac are you using? Again, check the extension set.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Same machine but with 1.75GB RAM installed.

About option-clicking. That Classic "crash" only happen when I am in Photoshop and option click to the desktop or other apps. I do this as crazy as you with other apps (even After Effects under Classic) and have no problems...

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 26 of 30
    :confused: Gosh, Leonis, I wish we could figure out what the problem here is. I am really having zero trouble option-clicking to the desktop or anything else from Photoshop 6; it works just as expected. I don't have After Effects; so, I can't test that. All I can realy think of is to reiterate what I said before about the extension set and hopefully you'll find some cdev's or init's to disable.

But anyway, back to the main subject of the thread... Guess what I just discovered. I found the old Final Cut Pro 1.0 installer and FCP 1.0 works in Classic! Yeah, it's a bit out of date and it can't communicate with my camera in Classic, but at least now I can do some editing without rebooting.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    logic audio (the audio) doesn't work. MIDI is fine.

Since d/loading the new OS X SparkME, SparkXL doesn't work now in 9.

Reason can't find the soundmanager outputs in X, doesn't work.

In a nutshell, most of my audio apps
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Starflex....you can use Final Cut Pro 1.2 under Classic? Wow...that's cool.

OSX for now is a curse to the pro audio people unfortunately
  • Reply 29 of 30
    Indeed!! Those audio apps (or lack of them) keep me from swicthing to OS X full time.

Ah well, at least logic Audio will be out january 7th! And Deck will be released this year. Can't wait!!!!
  • Reply 30 of 30
    double post

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: macanoid? ]</p>