UK's O2 places orders for "hundreds of thousands" of iPhones

13»

Comments

• Reply 42 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

http://churchturing.org/w/iphone-ssh/

Right, I'm going to log in to a secure server via someone else's website. What a donut!
  • Reply 43 of 48
    No offence physguy but I don't think you should call people idiots just because they have different values to your own. And well done for missing the point.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

Right, I'm going to log in to a secure server via someone else's website. What a donut!

Sorry, I was being facetious.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:

No offence physguy but I don't think you should call people idiots just because they have different values to your own. And well done for missing the point.

Who did I call an idiot? And BTW it seems the many time when people don't agree with you all you say is 'you missed the point'. Don't know what that accomplishes. Might it be you don't make the points you think you're making very clearly? Don't know what point I missed.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by physguy View Post

Who did I call an idiot?

People who buy Vertu phones. You did so in this post...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...0&postcount=39

Sure you put it in quotes. I suspect you even waggle your finger in the air making quote symbols whilst talking too.

Quote:

And BTW it seems the many time when people don't agree with you all you say is 'you missed the point'. Don't know what that accomplishes. Might it be you don't make the points you think you're making very clearly? Don't know what point I missed.

You missed that it's still expensive for what you get by any measurement you care to make.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:

People who buy Vertu phones. You did so in this post...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...0&postcount=39

Sure you put it in quotes. I suspect you even waggle your finger in the air making quote symbols whilst talking too.

No, I didn't. Please read carefully and what you'll see is that I characterized YOU as calling people 'idiots' for buying what they want, the iPhone. The quotes serve the purpose of indicating I was paraphrasing (or putting words in your mouth). Slightly different. I don't think people are ever idiots for making a purchase decision based on their needs and wants.

Quote:

You missed that it's still expensive for what you get by any measurement you care to make.

Either you really really really really don't get it or you simply refuse to grant that people value different things differently. The UI and design of the iPhone add value, independent of some arbitrary feature list. The FACT that they choose to pay the amounts asked DEFINES that the iPhone is not overpriced. As you, among everyone else, continues to point out, there are other choices, so this is an open market where choice is available so this type of analysis is valid.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    Quote:

No, I didn't. Please read carefully and what you'll see is that I characterized YOU as calling people 'idiots' for buying what they want, the iPhone. The quotes serve the purpose of indicating I was paraphrasing (or putting words in your mouth). Slightly different. I don't think people are ever idiots for making a purchase decision based on their needs and wants.

Please don't put words in my mouth then and your characterisation is way off. I'd never call someone an idiot for their choice.

Quote:

Either you really really really really don't get it or you simply refuse to grant that people value different things differently. The UI and design of the iPhone add value, independent of some arbitrary feature list. The FACT that they choose to pay the amounts asked DEFINES that the iPhone is not overpriced. As you, among everyone else, continues to point out, there are other choices, so this is an open market where choice is available so this type of analysis is valid.

I did not say that it was overpriced. I said that it was expensive.

I *personally* think it's overpriced just as I *personally* think Vertus are overpriced. There's obviously *a* market for both but not me, and I'm an Apple loving gadget geek. It just doesn't spin my nipple nuts and send me to Alaska yet.