iPod touch software 1.1.2 adds calendar functions

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tmedia1 View Post

I've downloaded the raw update, now how do I trigger a manual update? I double clicked the file and it switches to itunes, then nothing????

Update:

Okay, I manually downloaded the ipsw zip file, added it to ~/Library/iTunes in the iPhone updates folder. Then I did option-update to select it. So if you're seeing that 1.1.1 is still the current version, you can do your upgrade this way.

I have the ipod touch and I'm using a PC with Vista. When I click on the download, it just pulls up iTunes. When I click to update, it says I'm using the most current version (1.1.1 not 2) I've tried dragging the file to various iTunes folders but it hasn't found the new program yet.

I've tried finding /Library/iTunes in the iPod folder- but it doesn't seem to exist. I did a search for it and there is a Library/iTunes but it's just a data file.

???

Any suggestions?
  • Reply 62 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xyleisha View Post

I have the ipod touch and I'm using a PC with Vista. When I click on the download, it just pulls up iTunes. When I click to update, it says I'm using the most current version (1.1.1 not 2) I've tried dragging the file to various iTunes folders but it hasn't found the new program yet.

I've tried finding /Library/iTunes in the iPod folder- but it doesn't seem to exist. I did a search for it and there is a Library/iTunes but it's just a data file.

???

Any suggestions?

Press and hold CTRL and Shift and on the ipod touch summary screen click check for update. it will now let you search manually for the update, just know where you saved the update at. and the rest just follow the on-screen instructions. very simple and easy.
  • Reply 63 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pilgrisr View Post

Press and hold CTRL and Shift and on the ipod touch summary screen click check for update. it will now let you search manually for the update, just know where you saved the update at. and the rest just follow the on-screen instructions. very simple and easy.

Thanks for your reply...

I ended up finding a link that said to press "Shift" on the PC while clicking on 'check for update' in iTunes and it lets you choose the file to load. I did it and it worked like a dream..... then the dream became a nightmare and my iPod Touch 'could not be updated' and now it can't be restored because iTunes is 1.1.2 and I guess my iPod touch doesn't like that version.

I don't feel like erasing iTunes and reinstalling it so I'm going to just try to restore my iPod using my iBook which is using the old iTunes. Hopefully that will work. If not...
  • Reply 64 of 65
    I think that this will be an awesome update but I think they should add a mail app and some how make it compatible with cingular's edge or some other company that can let you have wi-fi any where. I'd buy it then.
  • Reply 65 of 65
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    It's official, the iPod Touch software update is available via iTunes. I'm downloading it as I type. it's interesting that in the release notes, it says bug fixes. I hope this includes the ability to add and edit calendar events.

Edit: I checked after the update and it adds the ability to add and edit calendar events. Now we need stocks, notes, weather and mail on the iPod Touch like on the iPhone and we are good to go.