Apple may offer external optical drive with new sub-notebook

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 81
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 452member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kolchak View Post

How many gestures do you think you can get out of one or two fingers? It is so easy to criticize from a position of ignorance. I have an iGesture tablet right here next to my Mac. Been using it for years. So unlike you, I actually know the limitations of the technology. Two fingers don't give you much of anything. The technology can't distinguish between which two fingers you're using other than by their spacing, so you can't use all the permutations of two-finger combinations. Index+middle finger is indistinguishable from middle+ring finger. What's the alternative? Apple's Ink? Yeah, remembering all those gestures is so much easier. The iPhone uses only two fingers maximum only because it doesn't have much working area and doesn't need the full command set of a computer. You sound like one of those PC users who are always criticizing Macs even though they've never actually laid hands on one and swear they never will.

Folks that own Fords really like them too. (no offense Ford owners)

I didn't say two fingers was all it would take, but I seems to me that when it takes four fingers to scroll you are already past the curve on ease of use.

You are right, I don't own one. Maybe if I had bought one they wouldn't be out of business...

Try not to throw those PC barbs unless you are ready to be pricked yourself. \