Leaked Air Photo?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 69
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by clonenode View Post

Hmmm, but is this banner worthy? Doesn't seem that impactful.

No but notice the type matches the banner?
  • Reply 22 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tacojohn View Post

$399 for 500GB

$499 for 1TB

$399 for 500 gigs...... hahahahha

Keep smoking that crack, Apple.

I guess whoever priced that thing must also be in charge of BTO options on the website.
  • Reply 23 of 69
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Photoshop!

C.
  • Reply 24 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wild-Bill View Post

$399 for 500 gigs...... hahahahha

Keep smoking that crack, Apple.

I guess whoever priced that thing must also be in charge of BTO options on the website.

Well, if this rumor is true, then $399 is for dual 500Gb mirrored. And that's pretty aggressive pricing if true.

For example, look at this Western Digital without Wi-fi. $313 on Amazon. I have one and use it as an 500Gb drive for backup. You could use it as an 1 TB drive, but without redundancy.

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digita...226033&sr=8-20
  • Reply 25 of 69
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:

Are you serious?

You know how many people walk into the Apple store everyday and have lost their photo and music collections due to hard drive failure?

You have to be able to get people to understand the product and market it appropriately.

Sorry, it lacks "sex appeal".

And anyone could have slapped this together in photoshop anyways.
  • Reply 26 of 69
    I really hope you people with seemingly serious answers are just joking -- it's so obvious that this is a fake that I feel badly for anyone who wouldn't question its authenticity!
  • Reply 27 of 69
    Fake. "We" don't do final layout of ads in Photoshop. Now if it had been in InDesign ...
  • Reply 28 of 69
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Commodus View Post

I really hope you people with seemingly serious answers are just joking -- it's so obvious that this is a fake that I feel badly for anyone who wouldn't question its authenticity!

Exactly. It's clearly a photoshopped image. Look in the upper-left corner: in addition to saying "photoshop," the shadow doesn't look right.
  • Reply 29 of 69
    Is it just me or is this a picture of the power brick for the ACD? It looks like they took it, smoothed the edges, and replaced the logo with a blue dot.
  • Reply 30 of 69
    thebgthebg Posts: 15member
    Not saying that I believe this, but everyone seems to forget the iPod Nano pics from a couple months ago. Remember, the ones that were also shown in photoshop with weird shadows that everyone thought were fake. Then they turned out to be real. Not saying that it's real just saying don't discount it only because it's in photoshop.

Anyways, I was a little confused on the "concept", would it function as a wireless router as well? If so this could be a pretty nice little device.
  • Reply 31 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Patrik_L View Post

Well, if this rumor is true, then $399 is for dual 500Gb mirrored. And that's pretty aggressive pricing if true.

For example, look at this Western Digital without Wi-fi. $313 on Amazon. I have one and use it as an 500Gb drive for backup. You could use it as an 1 TB drive, but without redundancy.

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digita...226033&sr=8-20

Here is a better price, just barely, and quite a few reviews:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=WDG2TP10000N
  • Reply 32 of 69

• Reply 33 of 69
    Quote:

I still smell something funny about this. Why doesn't the middle one have a reflection? And if this is the view from all sides, wouldn't it make the thing overly bulky? Plus, if Apple's setting it to be viewed horizontally, why would they put the Apple logo sideways (vertically as positioned here)? The middle one having the gray strip on top doesn't make a whole lot of sense with the other two sides, either.
  • Reply 34 of 69
    The middle image is the top view.
  • Reply 35 of 69
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Hey tacojohn, you wanna bet that this isn't "Air?" Air is the new portable, not some hard drive. And that picture is so un-Apple. Kiss your NAS goodbye? Who in the real world knows what a "NAS" is to even make the pun understandable to the masses? And since when does Apple imply words like "ass?" I think your "connections" are your ass.
  • Reply 36 of 69
    Quote:

The middle image is the top view.

Oh, okay, I can see that now... but the way the gray side and top view correlate still don't quite look right... it looks almost like the iPhone curved edges on that side, but none of that is on the top view. And I bring up the bulkiness point again. Apple would have worked to keep the size down as much as possible.

I must, however, compliment you on the quality of these mockups, they're pretty well done, otherwise. Maybe Apple's got a position for you
  • Reply 37 of 69
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    If this is true...

Does it need to plugin to an aiport base station or do you just power it on? i.e. it can sit in the house and be picked up by anything?

i spent £1k on a 4x500gb NAS for my studio, so cost-wise that seems pretty competitive.
  • Reply 38 of 69
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    if this is the home server i have been wishing for YO BABY i want a central source for my media all media with auto backup what ever you call it. that way i don't have to have duplicates inall my macbooks. keep everything synced and available from ANY location through .mac
  • Reply 39 of 69
    It has 802.11N built in- so basically you just plug it in and it starts up. Much like the AppleTV.
  • Reply 40 of 69
    Just incase people didn't figure it out- it's fake.

It's basically my fantasy (and apparently many many other peoples on appleinsider and digg too) of something Apple should consider releasing...

I've gotten so many replies that people want this it's crazy.

Anywho- happy MacWorld everyone!