Leaked Air Photo?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 69
    vf208vf208 Posts: 49member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tacojohn View Post

Just incase people didn't figure it out- it's fake.

It's basically my fantasy (and apparently many many other peoples on appleinsider and digg too) of something Apple should consider releasing...

I've gotten so many replies that people want this it's crazy.

Anywho- happy MacWorld everyone!

he he - shame the best looking part of the product you designed was the backside where the plug goes in but I have to agree I would love a product like this.
  • Reply 42 of 69
    apple would never release a piece of marketing with such bad type kerning.
  • Reply 43 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by admactanium View Post

apple would never release a piece of marketing with such bad type kerning.

Yeah that was the hardest part– I don't own the new font they're using...I found a site where you can type sample text and it outputs an image w/ your text in the Myriad Light font...so I just used screen caps of it.

LOL- yes I'm a hack. So shoot me and my poor typography skills.
  • Reply 44 of 69
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    bah
  • Reply 45 of 69
    Quote:

Brilliant. I congratulate you on a beautiful mockup on a feasible product. Even better, thanks for coming out of the closet and letting us know that you made it yourself. Just brilliant.

I did think it looked like a modded ACD power brick at first, but your follow-up was great.
  • Reply 46 of 69
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

It's basically my fantasy (and apparently many many other peoples on appleinsider and digg too) of something Apple should consider releasing...

OK.
  • Reply 47 of 69
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    It certainly would be an interesting companion product to a solid state memory ultra-thin MacBook. Better yet, throw in the ZFS file system some day and you can set up your HDD-less MacBook with what appears as one giant drive.
  • Reply 48 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LaEsperanza View Post

I did think it looked like a modded ACD power brick at first, but your follow-up was great.

It's a MacBook, iPod, and Apple TV...
  • Reply 49 of 69
    Quote:

Yeah that was the hardest part? I don't own the new font they're using...I found a site where you can type sample text and it outputs an image w/ your text in the Myriad Light font...so I just used screen caps of it.

LOL- yes I'm a hack. So shoot me and my poor typography skills.

haha. well, in that case, well done. i've used those sites before as cheats.
  • Reply 50 of 69
    Quote:

Well obviously!!! The screen shot was a layered file in Photoshop elements for chris-sake. Plus they look very amature in terms of layout and typography.
  • Reply 51 of 69
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Our retail shop needs some big data storage alternatives to Lacieeeee and Buffalo.

But this being the "Air" is bit weird, hard to imagine major rebranding of Apple "Air" throughout 2008. For NAS, ultraportable, etc.
  • Reply 52 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Morello View Post

Well obviously!!! The screen shot was a layered file in Photoshop elements for chris-sake. Plus they look very amature in terms of layout and typography.

Obviously it's Photoshop CS3 Extended not Elements.
  • Reply 53 of 69
    That image has been Photoshopped !

I kinda like this idea though - here's the bigass storage solution we all need. Makes sense with the banners that we've already see too - 'There's something in the Air', ie. most of your music, photos, tv shows...

Of course, what you really need to go with this is a new Apple TV and a nice sub-notebook....
  • Reply 54 of 69
    Well- looks like something similar...

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/14/d...s-for-a-price/
  • Reply 55 of 69
    Terrible, appalling, ghastly worthless fake, for more reasons than I can count.

(Fantastic.)
  • Reply 56 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Hey tacojohn, you wanna bet that this isn't "Air?" Air is the new portable, not some hard drive. And that picture is so un-Apple. Kiss your NAS goodbye? Who in the real world knows what a "NAS" is to even make the pun understandable to the masses? And since when does Apple imply words like "ass?" I think your "connections" are your ass.

Oh, hi Steve... uh....
  • Reply 57 of 69
    Quote:

Nicely faked, tacoboy. Is this an image mash-up of sorts?
  • Reply 58 of 69
    What general consumer of Apple products (your mom, uncle etc who now all own iMacs) even knows what the hell NAS stands for? Fake.
  • Reply 59 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Nicely faked, tacoboy. Is this an image mash-up of sorts?

It's a MacBook, iPod, and Apple TV...
  • Reply 60 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveyJJ View Post

What general consumer of Apple products (your mom, uncle etc who now all own iMacs) even knows what the hell NAS stands for? Fake.

i was pretty sure it was fake, the shape of the end doesn't match up with the close up of the end, and the first pic looked like a white macbook with a blue dot on it. but good job.