Letdown?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 212
    marcusmarcus Posts: 227member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...g_vinb_gglsrch

Sony TZ is the target. $2,099-$3,699.99.

You are kidding right? $1799 is inexpensive in comparison.

Nonsense. Think of what you lose over a normal Macbook... there is a *lot* missing.

And you pay more for it?

Yes it is damn, damn thin, but really, I think people will see it as fragile to begin with, and fail to see the point of it net to already svelt Macbook/Pro offerings.

(Doesn't mean I don't want one though )
  • Reply 22 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Nonsense. Think of what you lose over a normal Macbook... there is a *lot* missing.

And you pay more for it?

Yes it is damn, damn thin, but really, I think people will see it as fragile to begin with, and fail to see the point of it net to already svelt Macbook/Pro offerings.

Wrong wrong wrong, as I'm sure many others will point out.

This is going to be a huge seller.
  • Reply 23 of 212
    +1 to teh wrongz.
  • Reply 24 of 212
    Quote:

And you pay more for it?

Well, that's why they aren't discontinuing the MacBook and MacBook Pro. It's not like the lineup is losing anything...
  • Reply 25 of 212
    Hey Audio, how well do you think this will sell?
  • Reply 26 of 212
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

I'm curious about interface. We know it has at least one USB, a microDVI (wtf, another Apple display port?), 3.5mm audio out, and a MagSafe, but what else? More USB? FireWire?

Also, whether or not that USB SuperDrive will work on an iMac or a PowerBook. That'd be kick-ass.

Micro-DVI isn't a displayport like thing since other folks use it...llike ASUS.

Didn't mention an expresscard slot which is a shame. I guess there's no space for one.
  • Reply 27 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fishyesque View Post

Hey Audio, how well do you think this will sell?

HUGE.
  • Reply 28 of 212
    If I had money to blow (and a desktop) I would consider the Macbook Air but otherwise, I will happily stick with my MacBook. It's a better deal.
  • Reply 29 of 212
    I agree, it is nice but come on. everybody is saying compare it to a sony PC, I don't want to have to compare it to that piece of sht. I want revolutionary! I foresee a sht load of cord swaping
  • Reply 30 of 212
    im rather sad about no macbook pro update
  • Reply 31 of 212
    And if I had the money, I'd get it. For now I'll live with my Eee PC.

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That remote disc stuff just blew my mind.
  • Reply 32 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicvalentine View Post

I agree, it is nice but come on. everybody is saying compare it to a sony PC, I don't want to have to compare it to that piece of sht. I want revolutionary! I foresee a sht load of cord swaping

Then buy a freakin' Macbook. Right?

... and why not compare it to the TZ? Apple did.

"Oh no! Apple just gave me more choice. Must complain!"
  • Reply 33 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

im rather sad about no macbook pro update

Aye.

• Reply 34 of 212
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I think the MacBook Air is the new CUBE. Another failed product. Funny thing is the price is the same as the cube. I think it's a POS.
  • Reply 35 of 212
    I'm already doing that dance on the MacBook Pro and I have 2 usb ports
  • Reply 36 of 212
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

HUGE.

Yah...all those folks that claimed that no ultraportable could be 13" just got pwned.

The multitouch trackpad should hopefully make working in coach a reasonable thing too.
  • Reply 37 of 212
    A few years back Sharp did this same type of thing. It was a tiny laptop that was designed as a "Companion" to a desktop or full laptop. I had one and it was pretty cool but after a while the trade offs didn't make sense and I got rid of it a couple of months later. Between my MacBook, my iPhone, and my Winmobile smartphone ( I have to have it due to no exchange support on iPhone and my company won't allow IMAP!) I am pretty well satisfied with my mobility options.
  • Reply 38 of 212
    I am impressed though and overall happy, I just got built up too much from the speculation maybe..
  • Reply 39 of 212
    This isn't temporary insanity for me anymore...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply 40 of 212
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

And you pay more for it?

No it is you talking nonsense.

Ever since rumours of an Apple ultra-portable surfaced, there's been this group of people deluding themselves over how much it would be likely to cost.

The MacBook Air is an Ultra Portable. Don't compare it to a MacBook, because a MacBook is not an Ultra Portable. Go compare the MacBook to other Ultra Portables and you will probably find that it kicks their arses and is cheaper to boot.