iPhone Software v1.1.3 enhances Maps, SMS, more...

Comments

• Reply 21 of 56
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    I can now confirm that ipod touch gets 1.1.3 for free.

@Melgross: It's the blurb for the App Pack download. It shows that home page rearranging, lyrics, web clips and so on are part of the App pack
  • Reply 22 of 56
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jensonb View Post

I can now confirm that ipod touch gets 1.1.3 for free.

Just like what was said.
  • Reply 23 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Just like what was said.

You could say that.

Except this version of 1.1.3 omits home screen icon rearranging, web clips and all the actually useful stuff.
  • Reply 24 of 56
    Quote:

You could say that.

Except this version of 1.1.3 omits home screen icon rearranging, web clips and all the actually useful stuff.

A bit of the useful stuff.
  • Reply 25 of 56
    Quote:

A bit of the useful stuff.

I'm British, I can't use the Rentals which support was added for until later in the year. Which could be December. By which time I will probably have upgraded. What else got added. Oh, jack squat. They changed the dock to the iPhone kind. Really cool. That's useful cos...Um...
  • Reply 26 of 56
    Quote:

I'm British, I can't use the Rentals which support was added for until later in the year. Which could be December. By which time I will probably have upgraded. What else got added. Oh, jack squat. They changed the dock to the iPhone kind. Really cool. That's useful cos...Um...

You're British, oh, now I understand.
  • Reply 27 of 56
    Quote:

You're British, oh, now I understand.

Excuse me? Exactly what are you getting at?
  • Reply 28 of 56
    Quote:

Excuse me? Exactly what are you getting at?

Just trying to see how easily upset you are, to an amused comment.

I see you are easily upset.\
  • Reply 29 of 56
    Quote:

Why is the update to the appleTV free? with all of it's new functionality and the itouch update is not?
  • Reply 30 of 56
    Quote:

I'm not upset, I was just looking for clarification. I couldn't tell if you were making a Brit-joke or simply expressing renewed understanding.

I probably could have made that clearer, but I tend to write too formally in instances like this. My bad.
  • Reply 31 of 56
  • Reply 32 of 56
    I was under the impression that Apple was going to release at least some native 3rd party apps...

I agree that the updates were a little lame considering the wait.
  • Reply 33 of 56
    Boy oh boy, cry me an ocean everyone.

Way to go apple!!! Can't wait to get home so I can update my phone!
  • Reply 34 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcloki View Post

Why is the update to the appleTV free? with all of it's new functionality and the itouch update is not?

I have no idea. But I don't let it bother me. Sometimes you have to be Zen about it. What is, is.

We're not talking about a lot of money, if we were, it would be different.
  • Reply 35 of 56
    Quote:

I'm not upset, I was just looking for clarification. I couldn't tell if you were making a Brit-joke or simply expressing renewed understanding.

I probably could have made that clearer, but I tend to write too formally in instances like this. My bad.

I have nothing but good will towards British, Canadian, or any other foreign posters.

But you brought up the fact that you were British, so an amused comment seemed to be in order.
  • Reply 36 of 56
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcloki View Post

Because the Touch is selling well as-is, whereas Apple TV needs all the help it can get.
  • Reply 37 of 56
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    getting back on track...

any UK iphone users getting the location feature on google maps to work? it keeps coming back saying cannot pinpoint for me...
  • Reply 38 of 56
    Quote:

I have no idea. But I don't let it bother me. Sometimes you have to be Zen about it. What is, is.

We're not talking about a lot of money, if we were, it would be different.

If it's not a lot of money then send me and every other poster on this site 20 bucks. As I've stated before. I am an adult Apple. If there is a legal reason for you doing this then explain it to me. I'm a big boy I can handle the truth. It just doesn't make sense to me. It's inconsistent behaviour on Apple's part. And i will be the thing that is remembered from this Keynote. The MBA is nice but forgettable. It a laptop with less features and a bigger price. Nothing new here, moving on.

The $20 charge on the other hand go to the heart of how Apple treats its customers. It's going to revive the iPhone pricing change controversy.

I predict that the outcry from the internet is going to do two things.

1. Make Apple relent and offer the upgrade for free,

2. Have plenty of sites showing touch owners how to get the apps for free, thereby getting $20 worth of apps through illegal means.

3. I'm sure there will be talk of a lawsuit of some sort, but it's America so I'll mention it but discount it.

I can't argue with your Zen attitude as I try to have one as well. But sometimes you just feel taken advantage of and this is one of those times.
  • Reply 39 of 56
    suhailsuhail Posts: 192member
    Apple can't even catchup to current iPhone hacks. I must admit though the Google maps features are nice.
  • Reply 40 of 56
    drnatdrnat Posts: 142member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by othello View Post

getting back on track...

any UK iphone users getting the location feature on google maps to work? it keeps coming back saying cannot pinpoint for me...

Working ok for me