Apple posts Macworld 2008 keynote stream

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Living up to its promise from its last-minute site update, Apple on Tuesday evening posted the streaming QuickTime feed of its Macworld San Francisco 2008 keynote speech by company chief Steve Jobs.



The announcement saw the release of the MacBook Air subnotebook, iTunes Movie Rentals with new Apple TV software with HD video support, and its new Time Capsule hybrid router and network backup device.



Apple also released the iPhone 1.1.3 update with a customizable home screen, triangulated positioning in Google Maps, and multi-recipient SMS text messaging. The iPod touch now also ships with a software upgrade ($20 separately) that brings Google Maps, Mail, Notes, and widget apps previously limited to the iPhone.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 29
    Geez it's about time... he he
  • Reply 2 of 29
    crees!crees! Posts: 501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shutterrelease View Post


    Geez it's about time... he he



    Watched it about 2 hours ago before it was officially posted.
  • Reply 3 of 29
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    It's so smooth this year; absolutely perfect. None of the blocking and freezing that has crippled it's first day release all the previous years.
  • Reply 4 of 29
    I'd like to download it so I can watch it on the iPhone - suggestions?!
  • Reply 5 of 29
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmhtkmhtkmht View Post


    I'd like to download it so I can watch it on the iPhone - suggestions?!



    Yes, wait a week or two for it to show up iTS as free DL.
  • Reply 6 of 29
    nice, I can't wait to watch it tonight. I feel like it's going to the movies.
  • Reply 7 of 29
    Steves Keynote was awesome, a change from last year when all the attention was on the iPhone.

    Reminds me of 2004 and 2003 and 2002!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 8 of 29
    in the keynote ? He looks thin, (his face) your Impressions:?
  • Reply 9 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmhtkmhtkmht View Post


    I'd like to download it so I can watch it on the iPhone - suggestions?!





    You can't its a copyrighted production, no way to save it with Quicktime :-)
  • Reply 10 of 29
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by redison View Post


    in the keynote ? He looks thin, (his face) your Impressions:?



    You would be too if you only got paid a dollar a year.
  • Reply 11 of 29
    I actually found the iPhone version of the keynote by peeking at the reference movie they provide. It's available for download from Apple as a self-contained MP4, and seems to play fine in QuickTime Player in OS X. (I suspect, and hope, that it will play okay on my Apple TV, as well.)
  • Reply 12 of 29
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edibiase View Post


    I actually found the iPhone version of the keynote by peeking at the reference movie they provide. It's available for download from Apple as a self-contained MP4, and seems to play fine in QuickTime Player in OS X. (I suspect, and hope, that it will play okay on my Apple TV, as well.)



    Excellent. Apple has their keynotes down now.
  • Reply 13 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    It's so smooth this year; absolutely perfect. None of the blocking and freezing that has crippled it's first day release all the previous years.



    Is anyone else feeling exactly the opposite is true? Or is this a sarcastic post?



    The stream is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!



    Can't even see the f*ing product AT ALL... just MPEG artifacts and even audio dropping out.



    Edit: At this point I can't even get audio. Anyone transfer the stream from when it was acceptable? Why doesn't Apple just post it on iTunes immediately, even in small size, instead of streaming it?
  • Reply 14 of 29
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post


    Is anyone else feeling exactly the opposite is true? Or is this a sarcastic post?



    The stream is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!



    Can't even see the f*ing product AT ALL... just MPEG artifacts and even audio dropping out.



    Edit: At this point I can't even get audio. Anyone transfer the stream from when it was acceptable? Why doesn't Apple just post it on iTunes immediately, even in small size, instead of streaming it?



    Not being sarcastic at all. I've even being stopping and restarting streams to answer posts here, and going back to verify something Jobs said during the keynote.



    Did you install the new QT version yet?
  • Reply 15 of 29
    Apple really screwed up with this shit this year. The MacBook Air guided tour has no audio. Even the download version.
  • Reply 16 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    Not being sarcastic at all. I've even being stopping and restarting streams to answer posts here, and going back to verify something Jobs said during the keynote.



    Did you install the new QT version yet?



    No. Is that really the issue?
  • Reply 17 of 29
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post


    No. Is that really the issue?



    I don't know, I didn't try it before the install.
  • Reply 18 of 29
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,946member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post


    Is anyone else feeling exactly the opposite is true? Or is this a sarcastic post?



    The stream is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!



    Can't even see the f*ing product AT ALL... just MPEG artifacts and even audio dropping out.



    Edit: At this point I can't even get audio. Anyone transfer the stream from when it was acceptable? Why doesn't Apple just post it on iTunes immediately, even in small size, instead of streaming it?



    I had major problems too, but I updated to the latest QT and it works beautifully now.
  • Reply 19 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    I don't know, I didn't try it before the install.



    Still the same. It's okay at the beginning of the keynote. But jump to the MacBook Air intro and all hell breaks loose. Must be a traffic issue.



    And I still have no access to the MacBook Air Ad.



    But the Guided Tour now has audio, at least on the online version -- I think that wasn't a Quicktime issue though, I think Apple accidentally posted a mute version. My downloaded copy was still silent. I'm downloading another copy to see if Apple fixed it.
  • Reply 20 of 29
    Nope. Download version still has absolutely no audio.
Sign In or Register to comment.