Thats IT! I want to know Apple's plans concerning WiMAX

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

First of all......what the hell is that??.......in the pic????!!! Really, what is it? \

Secondly, aren't you guys mac people? By definition you guys are supposed to be on the forefront of tech or perhaps I'm mistaken. Don't you want to know about this stuff? Apple's plans N all??

Is this a windows forum or what?
  • Reply 22 of 28
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Well Olternaut, to be completely honest it looks just like my sister-in-law.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

Well Olternaut, to be completely honest it looks just like my sister-in-law.

My condolences. \
  • Reply 24 of 28
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Some breaking news on Wimax. For those who may be interested.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Intel's next platform, Montevina, will have WiMAX capabilities.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebeat View Post

what is WiMax?

(extremely sarcastic post removed)
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRonin View Post

I want to see Apple use that data center they picked up a few years back to set up their own nationwide full-coverage wired/wireless network and provide ISP, VOIP & VOD services for one low(ish, don't forget the Apple Tax?) monthly fee? I'm thinking fiber optic & whatever the best nex-gen wireless option is for connectivity?

At home, you have fiber optic blasting all services to your Apple set-top box, aka Apple Home Server, aka AppleTV Take 3? The built-in iSight on your 42" Apple HDTV flat-panel monitor will allow video iChats with friends, while you surf the web wirelessly from the couch using the Apple Mac touch tablet? Either from the house or out and about the town, you can make VOIP calls, replacing both cell & landlines? Distributed along the fiber optic runs are Apple maintained wireless access points, creating a mesh network that covers the city?

Hey, it could happen?!

;^p

Wheeeeeeeeee! I think I just wet myself.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Some breaking news on Wimax. For those who may be interested.

Nice update to the story thus far. Perhaps my recent sizable purchases of (bargain basement) CLWR were not such a bad decision... maybe.