Time Machine remains focal point of Mac OS X 10.5.2 testing

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    bwikbwik Posts: 565member
    Heh... Time Machine is just so complicated it was bound to have a thousand bugs.

It is so revolutionary and advanced a concept. It can't be battle hardened for at least a year, I say. It will be a neat curiosity after 10.5.2 though. So far, I did not turn it on.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Apple just released the 5th 10.5.2 developer build with no known issues*. It only moved from 9C30 to 9C31. Based on the slight revision I am expecting this being pushed tomorrow.

PS: Safari 3.1 (currently at 3.0.4) has also been seeded to developers. IT includes quite a few back-end changes.

*We have no new issues or anything pending that may negatively result in a malfunction caused by this point release, but we are going to let you try it to be sure before we finalize it for general OS X users to install.

This in no way means that the OS is perfect and pristine. In fact, we are sure there are issues that we have not yet discovered, as well as infinite ways to optimize the system further, and we also have a laundry list of things that will in no way effect the end user or developer so it's pretty pointless to list here so we won't. We will continue to make it better, faster, more efficient.

Sincerely,

Mr. Prolix Logorrhea Pleonasticstein