Rogers unlimited data plan an inroad for iPhone in Canada?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phoenix29 View Post

John, where did you hear this rumour? I was headed to Buffalo to pick up the 16gb but now I should wait

i think i read that *gulp* on another apple rumours website. can't remember which one though.

here's a link that has a preliminary list of new data costs rogers will be introducing. the $65 - 500MB to 1GB ~ Tier 4 plan sounds like it wouldn't be too bad with an iPhone. not unlimited of course but it's a start.

new rogers data plans

whether or not they are making these changes because of an announcement of the iphone, your guess is as good as mine.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    sho38sho38 Posts: 21member
    Accodring to my friend at Rogers...the earliest we get the iPhone is Q3..but Q4 is more realistic.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    I could live with those rates. I wish we could just get a damn date on release!
  • Reply 44 of 45
    So Ireland with a population of 6 million people and Austria with a population of 8 million just got the iPhone today. Still Canada, a country in North America with strong links to the United States and a population of 33 million, waits.

Makes sense to me.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John_Drake View Post

This plan is horrible!

It is terribly restricted. You cannot use it with Blackberries, Windows Mobile devices or iPhones?!? What is the point?!

Nice try Rogers, back to the drawing board.

Rogers now has what is called unlimited on device browsing for $7/month, meaning unlimited internet access for the iphone.

This is cheaper than anything on the continent.

I can confirm the following;

I have an iphone and can access all of the following services;

Web browsing with safari

Youtube (Painfully slow...)

Google maps, with GPS locator feature with iphone firmware 1.14

E-mail (yahoo,gmail, and corporate imap account)

Send/Receive e-mail from all accounts.

I gotta give credit where credit is due, I am a very happy iphone user now with this addon to my plan

With this in place, it is just a matter of time before the iphone officially arrives in Canada.