New MacBook Pro part numbers surface in inventory systems

Comments

• Reply 21 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rcha101 View Post

sounds like you need to get yourself a Macbook. Personally I like the aluminium and if you look after it you should not get any dents in it. I've had mine 2 years and not a single scratch.

It will be even better if you don't have to "look after it" to avoid dents. My iBook was with me for 2.5 years. It took a lot of abuse, had been rock solid so far.
  • Reply 22 of 82
    Oh, PLEASE let this be true! Man, I'm really psyched for tomorrow!
  • Reply 23 of 82
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzaslove View Post

Easier hard drive replacement would be nice. Good one.

That would be nice, considering one of the main reasons I want/need to get a MBP is because it's too big a hassle to upgrade the HD in my PowerBook. Other than that the PB works quite well for my needs...most of the time...

Ok, ok, it's a weak excuse...but whatever it takes to justify the purchase!
  • Reply 24 of 82
    pinepine Posts: 22member
    http://www.macrumors.com/2008/02/25/...os-on-tuesday/

There is the price discrepancy, but the Best Buy prices may just be place holders.

I'm just gonna leave it at that.
  • Reply 25 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rcha101 View Post

I recon, forget multitouch - what about BLURAY????

Out of curiousity, are people asking for blu-ray becuase they have a need to burn that much data, or to watch video? TimeMachine would seem to at least partially answer the backup need, leaving large file transfer needs. And I don't think blu-ray is viable as a video playback until Apple has "secured" the video path as required by the blu-ray video licensing (if I understand it correctly)?
  • Reply 26 of 82
    Apparently these part numbers might actually be MacBook revisions and not Pros. This is according to MacRumors Page 2. I'm getting the impression that nobody really knows what they are, but something will be released tomorrow. Duh.
  • Reply 27 of 82
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pine View Post

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/02/25/...os-on-tuesday/

There is the price discrepancy, but the Best Buy prices may just be place holders.

I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Yup...could very possibly just be MacBooks updated, since new MBP's would probably entail a new form factor which means a special event rollout.
  • Reply 28 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

AppleInsider has been able to confirm that three new Apple-formatted part numbers -- MB402LL/A (Good), MB403LL/A (Better), and MB404LL/A (Best) -- have turned up in inventory management systems of both Apple and its channel resellers such as Best Buy.

The part numbers, listed for future MacBook Pros models, were included alongside pricing that matches Apple's current offerings at $1999.00, $2499.00 and $2799.00, respectively, for those part numbers.

Do we know if the prices appears in both Best Buy and in Apple inventory systems? I could understand BestBuy using placeholder prices, not it would surprise me if Apple used placeholder prices in their own system.
  • Reply 29 of 82
    Hi again,

PLease can you tell me if it´s possible to apple launch a 13" MacBook PRO???

It´s possible to have the 3 models tomorrow? 13"/15"/17" ????

Many thanks for your attention.

Best Regards.
  • Reply 30 of 82
    I don't think they would do that. The is why we have the 13" MacBook Air. That is the replacement for the 12" PowerBook....

If they do update the MacBooks before the back to school season it will be only to add the LED screen which is in the MacBook Air. Other than that they are state of the art.

I suspect MacBook Pro's are on their way.
  • Reply 31 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wenning1982 View Post

Hi again,

Many thanks for your attention.

Best Regards.

Just an opinion, not based on any facts or evidence, but I'd find it unlikely that Apple would release anything that would be perceived as competing with the MacBook Air. While the tech specs between the Air and a 12" MBP would be different, they'd be competing for the same potential "sub-notbook" audience.
  • Reply 32 of 82
    Pricing was included, too, right? That's MBP pricing.
  • Reply 33 of 82
    ok, many thanks for your time.

i will love to buy a 12" MBP , but if they will not come out, i have to buy a 15"... Maybe tomorrow we have the Answear.

The MBAir it´s not the same MArket that the MBP 12" , it´s my opinion, because the PRO it´s mutch more PRO

For me the MBAir it´s for Girls
  • Reply 34 of 82
    Quote:

The MBAir it´s not the same MArket that the MBP 12" , it´s my opinion, because the PRO it´s mutch more PRO

Sure, except you are forgetting that the 12" PowerBook was also less "pro" than it's 15" and 17" siblings, missing the card slot, FW800, and I think a lower end video card.
  • Reply 35 of 82
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Hi again,

MacBook Pro is already in three models. Basic 15", Up-model 15" and the 17". Go to:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...ly/macbook_pro

To see what I mean.
  • Reply 36 of 82
    i know what you mean , i whant to say not 3 models, but 3 sizes.
  • Reply 37 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The seemingly endless wait for a new line of professional notebooks from Mac maker Apple Inc. appears to be nearing an end, with part numbers and pricing for new MacBook Pro models cropping up in inventory systems worldwide over the weekend.

AppleInsider has been able to confirm that three new Apple-formatted part numbers -- MB402LL/A (Good), MB403LL/A (Better), and MB404LL/A (Best) -- have turned up in inventory management systems of both Apple and its channel resellers such as Best Buy.

The part numbers, listed for future MacBook Pros models, were included alongside pricing that matches Apple's current offerings at $1999.00, $2499.00 and $2799.00, respectively, for those part numbers.

Though originally targeted for an introduction during last month's Macworld Expo, the new MacBook Pros saw their release pushed out by approximately 4 weeks as the conference approached.

In addition to Intel's latest Core 2 Duo Penryn mobile processors scaling up to 2.6GHz, the new Apple professional notebooks are also expected to gain an advanced multi-touch trackpad akin to the one which recently made its debut on the MacBook Air.

As such, the new notebooks will also likely include the same Broadcom touch controller chip found in both the MacBook Air and the company's iPhone and iPod touch handhelds, offering the potential for expanded multi-touch capabilities and gestures some time down the line as part of a future software update.

At least one of the inventory systems reflecting the new MacBook Pro part numbers indicates that stock of those models should be on hand by Friday, February 29th, suggesting a formal announcement could come as early as Tuesday. Sources, however, warned that product availability sometimes takes as long as two weeks from when part numbers first turn up in their systems.

In addition to MacBook Pros, Apple this week is also expected to begin shipping the first of its Time Capsule backup appliances (AppleInsider's first look). Available in a 500GB model for $299 and 1TB model for $499, the AirPort Extreme-like device will automatically conduct wireless backups of Macs running the Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system.

Update: For the sake of completeness, one source claims the aforementioned part numbers may actually coincide with some form of unexpected update to Apple's 13-inch MacBook line rather than its 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pros. Although one of Apple's stateside retail partners has the product numbers associated with MacBook Pros, others list the model numbers generically or alongside prices that fall well below those of the MacBook Pro. Updates will follow if and when any additional information becomes available.

so does that mean that this tuesday the time capsule will start shipping and next tuesday the MBP will be out? i really hope its very soon coz i've been waiting for more than 3 months for it...
  • Reply 38 of 82
    No, i think that the TimeCapsule will not be the announcement for tomorrow, will have another thing, maybe the MPB, how knows...
  • Reply 39 of 82
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    if the prices associated w/ the models are accurate, there's no way these are new 13" macbooks, they MUST be pro's.

i don't care about blu-ray. this will probably be the last line of MBP with an optical drive. what do you need it for anyway? my last software update[s] ran over 700 mb and took about 10 minutes to download wirelessly. discs are this year's dodo birds. if you want tot accumulate a library of blu-ray movies go for it. they'll be right next to your vhs movies in two years.

the case is as close to perfect as any laptop has ever been. just make them a bit lighter and a bit thinner, thanks.
  • Reply 40 of 82
    The new numbers have an MB prefix, as do the old Macbooks... while the old Macbook Pros have an MA prefix...

Ergo, the next announcements will not be Macbook Pros?