Notes from Apple's iPhone Software Roadmap event

Comments

• Reply 41 of 146
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgabrys View Post

The event is OVER dumbshit. The page is refreshing for their little ads. And yes - anyone who wants to fvck readability for their advertising rotation is a ***.

Why are you such a hatemonger? Most "fags" are better people than you will ever be.
  • Reply 42 of 146
    mgabrysmgabrys Posts: 36member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

No, no it's not.

That's true - I was thrown off by "2:20: That's it. The event is over"

Silly fvcking me.
  • Reply 43 of 146
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:

The event is OVER dumbshit. The page is refreshing for their little ads. And yes - anyone who wants to fvck readability for their advertising rotation is a ***.

You're, what, 15?

Get banned and get out of here.
  • Reply 44 of 146
    So anyone know how to apply for that iFund and how apps will be chosen? If anyone finds info online, plz post it here.
  • Reply 45 of 146
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Re Stevepeck: Submit his name. The more that does the greater the chance he will be.

That is the first time I have submitted a name. If he contributed anything worthwhile at all to the conversation I would have left it up to the fates. I don't think I'll never understand why people troll forums, especially a technical forum.
  • Reply 46 of 146
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Information about the new iFund from KPCB

http://www.kpcb.com/initiatives/ifund/index.html

Wow!
  • Reply 47 of 146
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ravelgrane View Post

So anyone know how to apply for that iFund and how apps will be chosen? If anyone finds info online, plz post it here.

http://www.kpcb.com/initiatives/ifund/index.html
  • Reply 48 of 146
    l got a lphone because everything apple does is so cool but l think the lphone for its apps as getting left behind.

Look at the nokiaNgage and a operating system like the Amiga years ago were so in front.

If Jobes had have bought commadore he would have left microsoft in the dirt years ago.

Iphone is expensive, its camera is shit, blue tooth crap, video what video, up grades maybey in june (make that september).
  • Reply 49 of 146
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

That is the first time I have submitted a name. If he contributed anything worthwhile at all to the conversation I would have left it up to the fates. I don't think I'll never understand why people troll forums, especially a technical forum.

Thank you. Unfortunately, there is another that has taken his place.
  • Reply 50 of 146
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

1:47: EA Games' Travis Boatman is demoing "Spore" for iPhone -- also written in just two weeks with 18 complete levels of gameplay.

Spore for iPhone?!?

That makes me salivate.

• Reply 51 of 146
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Another interesting one...

Q: "How would an entperprise distribute internal applications?"

A: "Working on a special app for internal enterprise applications, it's being worked on."

Another nice one -- I hope its also available to limited audience apps or apps you roll out for your own private use -- in other-words apps that are not distributed via iTunes...

Dave
  • Reply 52 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevepeck View Post

If Jobes had have bought commadore he would have left microsoft in the dirt years ago.

Why do people keep spelling his name "Jobes". Is that some kind of in-joke?

And are you serious about Commodore? All they make today are expensive PC gaming systems. The original company collapsed ages ago. http://www.commodoregaming.com/pcshop/home.aspx
  • Reply 53 of 146
    boogabooga Posts: 1,082member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by running View Post

$99 fee to publish applications? even for "free" applications?

this is against nature of free software

I think this needs clarification. It was my understanding that it was $99 to register as a developer that can publish applications and get your certificate. Then the actual publishing, hosting, clearing, etc of any number of applications after that was free.
  • Reply 54 of 146
    Quote:

Probably to pay for the review process and distribution cost...
  • Reply 55 of 146
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

60 seconds? Are you a speed reader? There was a LOT of information there, it's not just fluff.

I wrote a consolidated reply to the OP. What I really meant was that you can read and ingest a good chuck of the info before the refresh occurs. I certainly could been more precise. I think you undestand why i didnt' care to be.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Thank you. Unfortunately, there is another that has taken his place.

Chicken Little complaints and personal attacks attempting to offend are quite different.
  • Reply 56 of 146
    Hehe ..

Quote:

Thanks for breaking the myth that Mac users are jerks with overwhelming attitudes of superiority.

No - wait...

Back to the main topic. I wonder why they don't want VOIP data on cingular's network.
  • Reply 57 of 146
    samabsamab Posts: 1,953member
    Revenue share for DoCoMo's imode is 9% for DoCoMo, the developer keeps 91%.

Revenue share for Qualcomm BREW is 10% for Qualcomm, 10% for carrier (i.e. Verizon's Get It Now store) and the developer keeps 80%.
  • Reply 58 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevepeck View Post

Sorry guys ya getting nothing for your Iphonie for at least 4 months, never mind they have been out nearly one year might as well wait another.

When Apple introduced the iphonie they knew what it could do but they knew how much money they could make.

We are suckers of Jobes lies

Ballmer... is that you?
  • Reply 59 of 146
    Quote:

It's not 99 bucks to publish applications.

It's 99 bucks to join the devloper community and get the free sdk and support from Apple.

This gets you in to be able to publish one or more apps if you want to do that.

(some developers will develope skills to get a job, not to publish code)

The 99 bucks is really cheap for what you get, and Apple won't make ANY money on it.

It's a loss leader and will prevent every jr. high school kid in america from uploading tons of stuff from the sdk kit. Call it a new-sense fee.

It's not a fee for each thing you publish..... it's a developer registration fee just like lots of companies do it.
  • Reply 60 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

An interesting tidbit from the Q&A session:

Q: How likely will there be a VoIP application?"

A: Jobs "We'll limit them over the cellular network but WiFi will be fine"

Nice nice nice!

I wouldn't expect them to allow it to work over cell-data - cept maybe in a rogue app...

D

VOIP over WiFi will really kick up the iPhone sales... wow, this sounds like a tremendous event, especially with the establishment of the iFund.