MacBook Pro 20-inch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    mzaslovemzaslove Posts: 519member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HappyDrunk View Post

Couldn't you just use a 20" iMac in a flight case with a wireless keyboard and mouse? Sounds like that would do the trick...

I know a couple of editors that do that with their 24"ers when they go on location, they'll sit and pre-edit as the filming goes along, then they pack up and go to the next place the next day, easy-peasy.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    They'll never release 20" notebook. Let's all hope that very soon they'll release MacBook Pro Cinema 30" notebook.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    A 20" macbook pro?????

Lol.

Um....oh-kaaaaaaaaay.

I think I'll just take the metal stand off my 20" imac and lug that thing around. Save me $4000.

Seriously. A 20 inch laptop is such an absurd size. Anyone who would buy such a monstrosity is in such a minority as to make it pointless to even produce it.

Keep dreaming. :-)
  • Reply 24 of 28
    hobbithobbit Posts: 532member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macanoid™ View Post

I would much rather prefer this:

Source: hrmpf.com

That's so wasteful.

Would be much cleverer to dock only the bottom (keyboard) part of an open MacBook (going in with the trackpad first, screen facing you).

That way, when fully docked, the screen would still stick out, effectively adding a tilt-adjustable side screen to the iMac.

The problem with all these 'dock me inside an iMac' ideas is that you effectively pay for 2 LCD screens while ever only being able to use one. Or in other words a much more expensive solution than merely buying an Apple Cinema Display and connecting it via DVI. That way at least you pay for 2 monitors and can use 2 monitors at the same time.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    vtorchvtorch Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

That'd be fugly and huge. People already complain that the 17" is to big.

LOL....why on earth would people complain. Then just don't buy the 17" and just get the 15." LOL....it's as if people are forced to buy 17" Macbook Pros. Stupid!

I, for one, would love to have a 20" Macbook Pro. If HP can do it, so can Apple.

A few years ago, Apple was one of the few who introduced the 17" and look how many people are buying and using it. Alot!

The concept of the 20" iMac and the Macbook Pro line are totally different. The concept of the Macbook Pro is inline with the Mac Pro. As long as the screen of the Macbook Pro does not exceed that of the Apple Cinema Display, then Apple should always try to advance it's size. People....Desktops are no longer big sellers...REMEMBER THAT. I know Apple does.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RexTraverse View Post

What about the HDX would make it a better choice for you if Apple offered a 20" MBP? It has (relatively) the same processor choices, GPU choices, memory capacity, hard drive options, etc... In most ways I can tell, the 20" HDX is about on par with the top of the line MacBook Pro. The only major difference (other than a 10-key pad) is obviously the physical size of the screen, but in terms of desktop real estate, there is no difference since the HDX comes in 1680x1050 as the standard res and 1920x1200 as an option, the exact same choices as the 17" MacBook Pro.

I don't think the OP implied that she would in anyway prefer an HP over the Macbook Pro.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

A 20" macbook pro?????

Lol.

Um....oh-kaaaaaaaaay.

I think I'll just take the metal stand off my 20" imac and lug that thing around. Save me $4000.

Seriously. A 20 inch laptop is such an absurd size. Anyone who would buy such a monstrosity is in such a minority as to make it pointless to even produce it.

Keep dreaming. :-)

That's what people said about the 17" a few years ago.

20" absurd size? Laughable...very laughable. A laptop size has to, at best, fit an attache briefcase. If Apple can show that they can design an extremely thin laptop that can fit an envelope, they can design a portable 20" laptop worth carrying around.

Think Different People.....Think Different!!!!
  • Reply 28 of 28
    wheelhotwheelhot Posts: 465member
    Quote:

That's what people said about the 17" a few years ago.

20" absurd size? Laughable...very laughable. A laptop size has to, at best, fit an attache briefcase. If Apple can show that they can design an extremely thin laptop that can fit an envelope, they can design a portable 20" laptop worth carrying around.

Think Different People.....Think Different!!!!

You dont get the point, Apple 17" resolution is the same as HP 20" display. Try imagine you have 2 piece of A4 papers, paper A is lower resolution and paper B has higher resolution, you come to notice that you can put more stuffs in paper B then in paper A or in HP case, HP is the A4 paper and Apple is a B3 paper with higher resolution, you can fit the same thing although they are different sizes. Besides the weight gain of a 20" over a 17" is just too much and how many people actually own a 17" MBP compared to 15" MBP.