Apple exploring dual-sided translucent touch-screen panels

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 72
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

They should just eliminate the data plan option, not everybody needs nor wants a smartphone (by that I mean one with enhanced data processing). Texting is fine for most.

Why not just buy some other brand device? What can Apple get you in making an ordinary phone?
  • Reply 62 of 72
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Why not just buy some other brand device? What can Apple get you in making an ordinary phone?

The OS! Compatibility with iTunes, the look, etc, etc, etc.

What's wrong with not wanting a data plan?
  • Reply 63 of 72
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Flip is really the only thing that makes sense. There's no chance of accidental activation and the screen is protected. Also, instead of the moronic action of activating your iPhone with a finger swipe, simply opening the phone takes care of it... no distractions. Clamshell is the same concept that keeps your MacBook from getting damaged in transit. Once Apple makes a flip phone, all will be right with the world.

I like the iphone as is and the flip phone concept. There is room for both. And the finger swipe is not moronic.
  • Reply 64 of 72
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

I like flip phones too. I've only used LG (Korean) and Motorloa flips though. Are the Japanese ones thin? The others I found too bulky.

Either way I would be satisfied really as long as there is a additional model and it's smaller than the current iPhone.

one thing i like about japanese phones, and flip phones in particular, is that actually don't try to make them -all- as small as possible. of course you can get some models that are extremely thin and/or small, but they place a strong emphasis on screen size and usability for the keypad - ie no huge bezel as seen on all flip phones in Oz, at least, and good for all the mailing they are constantly doing.

that all said, again i'll be happy with whichever 3G iPhone hits these shores later in the year...
  • Reply 65 of 72
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

I like the iphone as is and the flip phone concept. There is room for both. And the finger swipe is not moronic.

If you want to be able to use your phone with a minimum of visual distraction, it is moronic.
  • Reply 66 of 72
    Quote:

If you want to be able to use your phone with a minimum of visual distraction, it is moronic.

Exactly what do you mean by "visual distraction"?
  • Reply 67 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

You'll never see an iPhone nano without the Internet. It's a Wifi Smartphone.

If you're actully waiting for a "Wifi Smartphone" from Apple...... you'll be waiting a loooooong time.
  • Reply 68 of 72
    Quote:

Exactly what do you mean by "visual distraction"?

Here's what I mean. Right now, I can open my more than 1 year old Samsung flip phone, navigate using one button (simply by touch) and either press and hold a number to quick dial someone, or use voice recognition to dial someone. That is making a phone call with minimum visual distraction.
  • Reply 69 of 72
    Quote:

Here's what I mean. Right now, I can open my more than 1 year old Samsung flip phone, navigate using one button (simply by touch) and either press and hold a number to quick dial someone, or use voice recognition to dial someone. That is making a phone call with minimum visual distraction.

And you still didn't explain it. If you mean operating the device without ever looking at it, then you should have said that.
  • Reply 70 of 72
    Quote:

And you still didn't explain it. If you mean operating the device without ever looking at it, then you should have said that.

You didn't seem to have a problem understanding my meaning.
  • Reply 71 of 72
    Quote:

You didn't seem to have a problem understanding my meaning.

It took me a while, about five readings. It was very indirect, I explained it better and properly with half as many words. It's named something visual but you didn't even explained what was visual about it. Your definition didn't even explain why iPhone is excluded, it's possible to operate most of it with just a thumb or a finger.

It's a very poorly named trait. Your little Samsung or whatever isn't anywhere near the first, and it isn't near the last device that might be used without looking at it. I just don't see an iPhone that can be operated by feel, certainly not without compromising what it is
  • Reply 72 of 72
    Quote:

It took me a while, about five readings. It was very indirect, I explained it better and properly with half as many words. It's named something visual but you didn't even explained what was visual about it. Your definition didn't even explain why iPhone is excluded, it's possible to operate most of it with just a thumb or a finger.

It's a very poorly named trait. Your little Samsung or whatever isn't anywhere near the first, and it isn't near the last device that might be used without looking at it. I just don't see an iPhone that can be operated by feel, certainly not without compromising what it is

Calm down, already.